What are you drinking? Page 158

I don't actually know if I like coffee

Of late I've mostly been drinking great fruit squash

Quote: Ben @ 21st September 2014, 11:22 AM BST

I actually don't like tea very much. I find that it's too bitter without milk (apart from Earl Grey which I like a lot) and even the tiniest drop of milk takes most of the flavour away. Any suggestions? What's a good strong tea that isn't overly delicate with milk?

Currently drinking coffee with cherry syrup in it.

If not PG, then Yorkshire Tea. Milk goes in first. Underdo the amount of milk you think is right. No less than one heaped spoonful of sugar. Preferably two. And never use a cup. Only a mug brings out the full taste.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 24th September 2014, 12:05 PM BST

If not PG, then Yorkshire Tea. Milk goes in first. Underdo the amount of milk you think is right. No less than one heaped spoonful of sugar. Preferably two. And never use a cup. Only a mug brings out the full taste.

1/ "Milk goes in first" this was allegedly because early china cups cracked when the hot tea was poured in first, but if you are using a mug this should not make any difference. :O

2/ "one heaped spoonful of sugar. Preferably two." How the f**k are you supposed to taste the tea with all that sugar in. No need for sugar at all with tea. Sick

3/ "Only a mug brings out the full taste" What a load of bollocks :P

There you go.......you can get back to digging that trench out with yer workmates again. :D

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th September 2014, 12:17 PM BST

1/ "Milk goes in first" this was allegedly because early china cups cracked when the hot tea was poured in first, but if you are using a mug this should not make any difference. :O

2/ "one heaped spoonful of sugar. Preferably two." How the f**k are you supposed to taste the tea with all that sugar in. No need for sugar at all with tea. Sick

3/ "Only a mug brings out the full taste" What a load of bollocks :P

There you go.......you can get back to digging that trench out with yer workmates again. :D

I'm sorry you take that attitude what with tea being in my genetics.

Milk first prevents curdling.

The sugar enables the spoon to be free-standing and a mug not only encourages a full embodiment but lacking a saucer it saves on the washing up.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 24th September 2014, 1:02 PM BST

I'm sorry you take that attitude what with tea being in my genetics.

Milk first prevents curdling.

The sugar enables the spoon to be free-standing and a mug not only encourages a full embodiment but lacking a saucer it saves on the washing up.

Oh yes, sorry your Dukeship I was forgetting abart Granpappie, let me genuflect before thee now and beg your Earlship's pardon. I am not worthy to lick your saucer..........oh, sorry, you don't use one. >_<

"prevents curdling" ? Oh dear, no I love a good curdle in bed. :P

Only a navvie would say that........clearly you're not the sort one would 'Ob Nob with darn at Lyons Corner House Tea Rooms, don't yer know. Whistling nnocently

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th September 2014, 1:16 PM BST

Oh yes, sorry your Dukeship I was forgetting abart Granpappie, let me genuflect before thee now and beg your Earlship's pardon. I am not worthy to lick your saucer..........oh, sorry, you don't use one. >_<

"prevents curdling" ? Oh dear, no I love a good curdle in bed. :P

Only a navvie would say that........clearly you're not the sort one would 'Ob Nob with darn at Lyons Corner House Tea Rooms, don't yer know. Whistling nnocently

My Nan on the other side was a nippy so you are nearer that wavelength than you think. :D

Hercules right about the reason for milk first

Jack Daniels and Coke. And you know what? I've put some bloody lemon juice in there.

White wine.

Brakspear Bitter, for 3.4% nicely full-bodied.

Old crafty Hen current go to beer, since Waitrose started doing a 4 for 3 deal which prices it as the same cost as it's weaker sibling.

Cup of decaff coffee.

Cup of decoff caffee.

As is necssary on this night of all nights....

a pint or two of Hobgoblin!

On another mug of decaff coffee. It's in a Dracula mug, so I'm all Halloweenie - that's what all the girls say to me etc.