I'm Brett Morse the discus thrower !

:D

(top of the effin' page again !)

I don't want to be a male equestrian!
*insulted*

At least I wasn't the bloody horse.

The Olympics doing its bit to revitalise London (and Weymouth):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19059880

So it looks like Zara Phillips won the silver medal single-handed as none of the rest of the team get a mention.

Quote: keewik @ July 31 2012, 11:56 PM BST

So it looks like Zara Phillips won the silver medal single-handed as none of the rest of the team get a mention.

She had the decency to admit it was her fault (literally) they didn't get gold, but the media don't want to know about that. So, not her fault the team are being ignored, is her fault they lost out on gold.

Quote: Oldrocker @ July 31 2012, 9:37 PM BST

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19050139

Cyrus Hostetler American Javelinist.

I am confused by this obsession with being top of the page - why does it bug you and keewik so much? What's the big deal?

Think it's mainly when you say something that looks silly out of context, on its own at the top of the page? Can look a bit incongruous.

Not saying it means anything whatsoever, but has it been mostly women who've won our medals so far? (It might not be, I haven't been paying proper attention.)

Quote: zooo @ August 1 2012, 11:59 AM BST

Not saying it means anything whatsoever, but has it been mostly women who've won our medals so far? (It might not be, I haven't been paying proper attention.)

Yep, a lot of girl power going on for Team GB. The womens rowing team just won our first gold.

Most impressed with our lady footballers, I reckon they could go all the way.

I liked that bit just then, with GBR first and Australia and NZ 2nd and 3rd, all three flags raised during the national anthem had the Union flag on. Looked purty.

The Badminton Committee of Badmintonians have thrown out 4 teams of Badmintals for being deliberately rubbish at whacking cocks.

Thing is, they didn't actually break any rules, they just didn't give the crowd value for money. This could set a dangerous precedent for most of Team GB.

UK just one gold in the women's coxless pair.

It#s delightful our one gold thus far is in such a matchless pun.

Quote: sootyj @ August 1 2012, 2:11 PM BST

UK just one gold in the women's coxless pair.

It#s delightful our one gold thus far is in such a matchless pun.

Jedward will always be my favourite coxless pair.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 31 2012, 2:57 PM BST

A female soccerist from Columbia has been banned after punching an American womanball player in the face.

She was shown a red card but she just ask for another one in a different colour.

She was shown a red card but said she was ok to continue to play as she use Body form tampons.

She was shown a red card but said she was ok to continue to play as she use Body form tampons.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 31 2012, 12:32 PM BST

Why people insist on riding horses at all in this day and age is beyond me. But as girls like it, all the animal cruelty stuff is swept under the carpet.

Galloping is exhilarating for both horse and rider, provided you're not pushing the horse to exhaustion. I would've been a jockey if I had been a woman and stopped growing at age 10.