The Olympics Page 75

I loved the way he rang the bell at the opening ceremony. No fuss, no formality, just plodding on stage, and meandering off stage.

I'm really starting to get annoyed with the 'Britain could win gold at the...' talk before every event. 'Do you think so and so can do it?' says the commentator to crumbly sportsperson and then we're given the usual snowjob about how medals are going to rain down from the sky all over Team GB.

We're four places behind Kazakhstan in the Medal Table and a lot of our Olympic hopefuls have been a total let down. Still, could be worse, we could be Austrailian.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ August 2 2012, 1:02 PM BST

I, could be worse, we could be Austrailian.

Mind you, that's true generally.

What annoys me is that the badminton rules are such that these teams have an incentive to lose, but then get disqualified for doing so. It's the rules that are wrong, the teams are just attempting to use them to their best advantage.

Quote: Nogget @ August 2 2012, 1:38 PM BST

It's the rules that are wrong, the teams are just attempting to use them to their best advantage.

Yep, the new rules for the badminton competition were not thought through properly. However, if you've ever seen football teams throw matches, it really is a frustrating experience and you feel like they've taken the piss.

Once the crowd start booing, then your entire sport is discredited. So I'm not suprised players were banned.

I think one of the players that got chucked out has said she's giving up the sport altogether.

Quote: zooo @ August 2 2012, 3:08 PM BST

I think one of the players that got chucked out has said she's giving up the sport altogether.

Now she can earn the big money Badmintoning in the private sector. :S

Maybe she will take up a proper sport.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ August 2 2012, 3:11 PM BST

Now she can earn the big money Badmintoning in the private sector. :S

Or take part in the infamous badminton underground

Quote: sootyj @ August 2 2012, 3:13 PM BST

Or take part in the infamous badminton underground

Laughing out loud

Fighting Cocks - one of Van Damme's most powerful performances.

We are 5th in the medal table! :O

We won shooting gold. DaButt would be proud.

Clicked onto gymnastics on red button and there are boring men talking about cycling? WHY?! I want to see handstands :(

I saw someone do a forward roll. Which was quite sweet.

Quote: bigfella @ August 2 2012, 4:20 PM BST

We won shooting gold. DaButt would be proud.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19093168

We did win gold in the double trap shooting - but you wouldn't know about it because it will never be celebrated by the gun hating British media. You'd get more publicity for winning gold in the kiddy fiddling - if there were such an event.

Remember guns = bad, bicycles and young men in Speedos = good.

*cough* chip on shoulder *cough*
;)