The Olympics Page 114

Quote: Loopey @ August 26 2012, 5:39 PM BST

I met some of the Rwandan team recently, they would definitely not all fit on one couch.

They would if one half of them hacked the others to bits with machetes like in the good old days. Whistling nnocently

I'm excited, and I'm loving the fact all the tickets sold out.

Going to Wheelchair basketball on Friday! Whoop!

Quote: L.E. @ August 29 2012, 4:00 PM BST

This is going to be 10 O'Clock Live all over again, where we all tune in to try and see your face.

And Top Gear!

Quote: zooo @ August 29 2012, 4:41 PM BST

And Top Gear!

She's a TV Audience Whore!

Hahahaha! My TV career is coming along nicely.

Quote: L.E. @ August 29 2012, 4:00 PM BST

Jealous
Sick That's what I particularly wanted to see.

There are still ticks available according to email I got today

"London 2012 Paralympic Games

With less than 24 hours to go until the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Paralympic Games, you can still be part of the action.

A number of great sports and ceremonies tickets are still available, including tickets for the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, Powerlifting, Boccia, Equestrian and Road Cycling.

There are also a limited number of ExCeL Day passes available which provide access to a range of sports taking place in ExCeL on a first-come, first-served basis.

Tickets are available now at tickets.london2012.com."

Did anyone see Katie Price on the Paralympic Show? Classic. They showed a clip about a contestant who had a go on one of Katie's horses. Katie said 'Oo look, my hair was blond then.' Mr Snow then asked Katie if she thought she would have a go. Apparently not, as she needs more training.

Huh?

Highlight was when co-presenter said to Katie 'you have done a lot of riding haven't you?'

Aw, I quite like Katie Price, really. Not sure why.

Well this opening ceremony is as nuts as the Olympics one! Was nice to see the big bang. Probably wouldn't get that in an American ceremony so as not to offend all the Creationists.

Now it's gone all sci fi.

Watching an item on Goal Ball in the news today. It was just people in blindfolds lying down throwing balls at each other. I hope the real teams in the Paralympics are actually blind.

Quote: chipolata @ August 30 2012, 11:11 AM BST

Watching an item on Goal Ball in the news today. It was just people in blindfolds lying down throwing balls at each other. I hope the real teams in the Paralympics are actually blind.

Boring but factual answer, partially sighted people play alongside those who are totally blind, hence the blindfolds to make it a level playing field.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ August 30 2012, 11:13 AM BST

Boring but factual answer, partially sighted people play alongside those who are totally blind, hence the blindfolds to make it a level playing field.

It's cruel that they don't even get a level field.

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 26 2012, 6:25 PM BST

There may have been other coaches we didn't see. :)

I thought you said Couch!

Quote: Loopey @ August 29 2012, 8:30 PM BST

Did anyone see Katie Price on the Paralympic Show? Classic. They showed a clip about a contestant who had a go on one of Katie's horses. Katie said 'Oo look, my hair was blond then.' Mr Snow then asked Katie if she thought she would have a go. Apparently not, as she needs more training.

In Equestrian are the Horses able bodied? If so doesn't that defeat the object?

Incidentally I am currently reading Alison Lapper's biography at the moment. A beautiful woman.

I think someone questioned how the competitors are catergorised to make scoring fair. There is a good explanation here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2193644/Paralympics-2012-Lexicon-Decoder--it.html

BTW, I don't dislike Katie Price, I just found it funny that the presenter appeared to be asking her if she would compete in the paralympics, which made him look stupid and she replied that she needed more training, which made her look more stupid. Unless you can train to be disabled.

Quote: Loopey @ August 31 2012, 9:38 AM BST

BTW, I don't dislike Katie Price, I just found it funny that the presenter appeared to be asking her if she would compete in the paralympics, which made him look stupid and she replied that she needed more training, which made her look more stupid. Unless you can train to be disabled.

How very odd!

Thanks for that link, I was wondering how the classifications worked, having just watched the one-armed Hungarian swimmer come very much last in his heat, against people who appeared to have the use of all four limbs. It didn't *look* fair, but presumably that's all been worked out beforehand.