Lab Rats Page 28

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 31 2008, 10:15 PM BST

I was with you until your second point. How is it jealousy just to say somethings rubbish?!? The boy doesn't like the show, we can and should be able to say so without someone crying jealousy.

I don't recall using the word Jealousy Matthew?

Quote: Marc P @ August 31 2008, 10:16 PM BST

I don't recall using the word Jealousy Matthew?

Well, it was kind of obvious what you meant Marc, come on now. How else could you read that post?

Quote: Marc P @ August 31 2008, 10:12 PM BST

I tell you what, it is like walking into some twenties London literary club here somedays.

As dear Plum was saying to Fred Benson only the other day, Dotty's new Peter Wimsey novel is a load of bollocking shite.

Marc!
Put your photo avatar back!

Do we know if Lab Rats has a second series yet?

Well if he is not a writer, fair play Aaron, but Matthew read it as it was written. New comedy seems to get slated more often than not on here. Tall poppy syndrome seems to be the English thing. It wasn't actually bollocking shite was it?

Quote: zooo @ August 31 2008, 10:24 PM BST

I'd be surprised, but I don't think it did too terribly ratings wise compared to other things in the same slot.

Quote: zooo @ August 31 2008, 10:24 PM BST

Marc!
Put your photo avatar back!

LOL. I will if you will.

:)

I feel braver with my tin tin avatar, he has such a thrusting jaw.

Quote: Marc P @ August 31 2008, 10:26 PM BST

It wasn't actually bollocking shite was it?

Not quite that bad, no. But you must understand that with frostyboy's eloquence and sophistication, it's about on par with my saying that it was a "dreadful attempt at comedy".

Quote: Marc P @ August 31 2008, 10:26 PM BST

Well if he is not a writer, fair play Aaron, but Matthew read it as it was written. New comedy seems to get slated more often than not on here. Tall poppy syndrome seems to be the English thing. It wasn't actually bollocking shite was it?

A lot of stuff does get slated,but part of that, I would say, is down to the fact that comedy causes more extreme reactions than, say, drama, as well as the fact that there is a lot of, if not terrible, then at best mediocre stuff around. Plus Lab Rats isn't very good. And do you mean I was right about the jealousy thing?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 31 2008, 10:30 PM BST

A lot of stuff does get slated,but part of that, I would say, is down to the fact that comedy causes more extreme reactions than, say, drama, as well as the fact that there is a lot of, if not terrible, then at best mediocre stuff around. Plus Lab Rats isn't very good. And do you mean I was right about the jealousy thing?

Matthew never explain, never complain and never ever admit you might be wrong.
Whistling nnocently
As to the other points I don't know... at least with the comedy lab and pilots and Lab Rats, for instance, at least people are trying to do something different and I am not sure that is true about Drama. It might not work, but if you can see people have put some work into it then say it's just not for me. Bollocking shite should be reserved for stuff that no imagination, no work has gone into etc... it's a tough nut to crack in comedy but at least a few of these new shows/pilots have tried.

Quote: Aaron @ August 31 2008, 10:29 PM BST

Not quite that bad, no. But you must understand that with frostyboy's eloquence and sophistication, it's about on par with my saying that it was a "dreadful attempt at comedy".

:D

I agree in general. But really, with the poster's comment in question he's just been pretty much spamming each thread tonight posting random comments designed to annoy, so there's no need to take it into consideration.

Quote: zooo @ August 31 2008, 10:41 PM BST

I agree in general. But really, with the poster's comment in question he's just been pretty much spamming each thread tonight posting random comments designed to annoy, so there's no need to take it into consideration.

Fair enough, I'll put the jaw away!

:)

Yayyy!

Quote: Marc P @ August 31 2008, 10:40 PM BST

As to the other points I don't know... at least with the comedy lab and pilots and Lab Rats, for instance, at least people are trying to do something different and I am not sure that is true about Drama. It might not work, but if you can see people have put some work into it then say it's just not for me.

Does it really matter what people say on forums, though? It's kind of meaningless. Look at some of the ridiculously over the top attacks there have been on Gavin and Stacy on this forum. Those attacks don't stop it from being a good show. And very successful show. Likewise, Two Pints Of Lager regularly gets a pasting here but that doesn't stop it's fanbase from liking it, or the BBC from recommissioning it.

Quote: chipolata @ September 1 2008, 12:18 PM BST

Does it really matter what people say on forums, though? It's kind of meaningless. Look at some of the ridiculously over the top attacks there have been on Gavin and Stacy on this forum. Those attacks don't stop it from being a good show. And very successful show. Likewise, Two Pints Of Lager regularly gets a pasting here but that doesn't stop it's fanbase from liking it, or the BBC from recommissioning it.

All true. It was probably well past whiskey o'clock when I was posting. :D