Lab Rats Page 27

Quote: Deferenz @ August 21 2008, 4:19 PM BST

I recorded the episode 'The Seven Nighter' and sat down to watch it last night. I can see this comedy from two sides. As a sitcom that I was watching on tv I thought it was dreadful. I couldn't get to grips with the characters. I found their acting pretty dull and their delivery of the lines poor.

However, as a dabling script writer I could see that the idea, the interaction and the jokes would look really good on paper. Some of the jokes were delivered really poorly in the sitcom but I thought how great they would seem if you sat down and read them off the page. Some good call backs and some nice observations were in there. It was just delivered so...bluhhh....

Such a pity that this project didn't quite work. I love the premise of Lab Rats and it was good to see a comedy that centres on something different to the norm we have been getting of late.

Def.

Agreed, something could be done with this, getting better actors would be the first in my checklist!

But, but, not Chris Addison. He is a good actor. :(

Quote: zooo @ August 31 2008, 8:48 PM BST

But, but, not Chris Addison. He is a good actor. :(

In other words, you'd like to f**k Chris Addison?

Dammit you saw through me.

Yes I would quite like to. But he is a good actor too, coincidentally. See The Thick of It.

Zooo you're free!!

Aw, thanks, but it's not me! :)

He was alright in The Thick Of It, yes.

Balls! Are we still playing?

Nil, as I understand it, it's ONLY applicable inside the General Discussion forum.

Quote: Aaron @ August 31 2008, 9:11 PM BST

Nil, as I understand it, it's ONLY applicable inside the General Discussion forum.

:$ Uh, yeah, I knew that. Just testing your grasp of the rules. Whistling nnocently

Quote: Aaron @ August 31 2008, 9:07 PM BST

He was alright in The Thick Of It, yes.

Different style of comedy though. The show needed Andy Millman playing Ray Stokes, and we got Ricky Gervais playing Andy Millman.

Quote: frostyboy @ August 31 2008, 8:40 PM BST

Lab Rats was a load of bollocking shite.

I tell you what, it is like walking into some twenties London literary club here somedays. The witty deconstruction, the gay badinage. Ah me, how we all love comedy and support our fellow strivers. Unless they actually get a pilot and six episodes on tv. How very dare they, the talentless bastards!

Quote: Marc P @ August 31 2008, 10:12 PM BST

I tell you what, it is like walking into some twenties London literary club here somedays. The witty deconstruction, the gay badinage. Ah me, how we all love comedy and support our fellow strivers. Unless they actually get a pilot and six episodes on tv. How very dare they, the talentless bastards!

I was with you until your second point. How is it jealousy just to say somethings rubbish?!? The boy doesn't like the show, we can and should be able to say so without someone crying jealousy.

And he's not a writer either.

You don't look as much like Simon Mayo on my laptop.