BBC Comedy College Page 19

Quote: Pripyat @ March 12, 2008, 3:22 PM

That was my post… I’d just like to point out it wasn’t intended to come across as the bitter ramblings of someone ‘ignored’ or ‘dismissed’ – I was simply stating my own situation. I wasn’t speaking on behalf of any of the other members of the team either, just myself. I was not recommended for the third series, if it happened, and am not in any commissioning loop. In fact up until right this very moment, I didn’t even realise there was such a loop! Even bigger arse!!

Well, it's not a loop as such, just the odd email circulated with news of shows with open subs and stuff.

Now I'm curious as to who you are... pm me.

Sounds like an amazing course but I have this worrying feeling that the people who end up on it won't be interested in pairing up with Dick Clement and Ian la Frenais which is just madness.

I'm sending 3 mainstream normal length sketches, 1 mainstream quickie and 2 surreal ones.

Quote: The Johnson @ March 14, 2008, 11:27 PM

Sounds like an amazing course but I have this worrying feeling that the people who end up on it won't be interested in pairing up with Dick Clement and Ian la Frenais which is just madness.

Why not? Their track record speaks for itself.

I'm sitkcing in some scenes from sitcoms, turned into skits. To show off my wonderful versatility.

I'm sending an old shopping list, an aritcule I downloaded from the internet about brazil nuts, three copies of a recipe for dougnuts and a letter to my gas supplier, to demonstrate my utter technical incompetence.

They're not asking for scripts for East Enders,

arf arf!

all send something in!
all send something in!
do it!
don't be scared of yourself!
everyome must have ten pages of a script they have written.

ive got one about a man who wants something but has trouble getting it because he isn't quite as good at the thing that he needs to be good at to get the thing as he thinks he is. it is very funny.

good luck with yours.

So everyone has had previously commissioned work on here? I thought that's the only way you could apply if you've had work commissioned in the past?

Now I feel bad because I've yet to have anything officially commissioned, so I don't see the point in applying.

Quote: Martin Holmes @ March 15, 2008, 11:08 AM

So everyone has had previously commissioned work on here? I thought that's the only way you could apply if you've had work commissioned in the past?

Exactly!
I'm all for the enthusiasm, but most of us aren't eligible.

Quote: dannyjb1 @ March 15, 2008, 9:32 AM

Why not? Their track record speaks for itself.

Well, I'm just going on the fact that no-one has mentioned them as ideal mentors in the 20 pages of this thread when their track record is so outstanding.

Quote: The Johnson @ March 15, 2008, 10:25 PM

Well, I'm just going on the fact that no-one has mentioned them as ideal mentors in the 20 pages of this thread when their track record is so outstanding.

BBC BOD: Congratulations you've got through to the Comedy College beating 10,000's of people. Your mentors are Dick Clement and Ian la Frenais

POTENTIAL WRITER: Sod that I'm off...

Not gonna happen, I personally would love to be mentored by them, seriously.

I am a huge fan of thier work.

Why aye man! And the bonus is you get to be mentored in LA.
:) :)

Genuine comedy geniuses.

Yeah, anybody that has written "Porridge," "Lovejoy," "Flushed Away," and "The Bank Job," gets a thumbs up in my book.

Let's face it, you'd have to be stupid to turn down mentoring from anyone on that list.