Wimbledon 2015 Page 5

Quote: zooo @ 12th July 2015, 4:26 PM BST

Ah, I see. Kind of.

One could argue that the current situation is sexist...that the tennis association assumes women not being able to play more than three sets.

Female footballers play 90 minutes, like the man...not only 50 or 60. So women should play best of five at tennis grand slams.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 12th July 2015, 4:42 PM BST

Female footballers play 90 minutes, like the man...not only 50 or 60.

Exactly, but they don't get paid the same. Are the people who are upset about the tennis disparity also upset about the football disparity?

Quote: zooo @ 12th July 2015, 4:45 PM BST

Exactly, but they don't get paid the same. Are the people who are upset about the tennis disparity also upset about the football disparity?

Well, ask Herc (your turn, Herc!). But you're right zooo, that's not ok.

...meanwhile Federer is getting thrashed. :(

Poor old Feders.

Well, I'm watching the best two players in the world. It's the final. They're in the fourth set and I'm bored. Everyone plays best of three, problem solved.

And it's over. The guy who won it last year beat the guy who won it several times before. It all feels like a bit of a waste of time.

Grass eating weirdo.

(Not you, Doug.)

Benedicttttttttttttttttttttttttt.

Quote: zooo @ 12th July 2015, 5:33 PM BST

Benedicttttttttttttttttttttttttt.

Cumberbatch, Hugh Grant and Bradley Cooper. Is that the cast of the next Richard Curtis romcom?

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 12th July 2015, 4:25 PM BST

It's not the actual playing time what bothers Herc...that can vary from match to match. But women should play best-of-five at the big tournaments, like the men.

You nailed it GB.

Cumberbatch must surely have played a tennis type in a film. He looks like one.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 12th July 2015, 5:27 PM BST

Everyone plays best of three, problem solved.

Sounds good to me. :)

Now I'm disappointed every time a winner doesn't balance the plate on their head. :(

Surprised the women don't push for a proper trophy like the men have. Whistling nnocently

I rather prefer the plate to be honest. The jug thing looks like every other sports prize.

If I won Wimbledon I'd eat every meal off it for the whole year.

Quote: zooo @ 12th July 2015, 5:57 PM BST

IIf I won Wimbledon I'd eat every meal off it for the whole year.

No chance of that if you saw the official trying to get it back off Serena behind the scenes; but I digress..........so just to completely throw my hat in the middle and expose my chauvinistic pervy side and be done with it:-

What's with all these shorts that the ladies are wearing under their short sports skirts? Ay? Ay? Even the ball girls are wearing them now and not their usual naughty purple knickers. :P

I'll get me coat.............. Angelic

Ha, I did see him snatch it off her. But I thought that might be to get it engraved? Surely they get to have it in their house until next year? :(