Wimbledon 2015 Page 4

Quote: shaggy292 @ 11th July 2015, 3:44 PM BST

In the women's final they were shouting DURING the point. The umpire had to tell everyone off. It's unacceptable as far as I'm concerned.

Yes - anyone making a pathetic noise during a game should be evicted.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 11th July 2015, 7:28 PM BST

I saw him live in Basel in the late 80s.

And you've never been the same since.

Quote: Chappers @ 11th July 2015, 7:35 PM BST

Yes - anyone making a pathetic noise during a game should be eviscerated.

Yes!!!!! Congrats, Martina, for the women's doubles title! The first of three possible titles for Switzerland.

Christ, you're going to be unbearable if that all comes to fruition. >_<

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th July 2015, 9:35 PM BST

Christ, you're going to be unbearable if that all comes to fruition. >_<

You betcha! Laughing out loud

Well done girls! (Martina Hingis & Sania Mirza)

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 11th July 2015, 9:41 PM BST

You betcha! Laughing out loud

Well done girls! (Martina Hingis & Sania Mirza)

I didn't realise Martina Hingis was still alive.

Quote: Chappers @ 11th July 2015, 10:12 PM BST

I didn't realise Martina Hingis was still alive.

I saw her playing and thought she looks great for her age, she must be in her early 40's. Turns out she's 34 (same age as me). By my reckoning, she must have won her Wimbledon title aged 6.

We still have a chance of getting a british Wimbledon champion this year. Jordanne Whiley is in the final of the women's wheelchair doubles. She's also quite nice:

Novak is too strong today.

...and yet Federer has won the second set!

I kind of like Novak.

I didn't look for that, someone just tweeted it. S'not my fault...

I'm going to raise this again as I feel so strongly about it.

Nearly two hours of riveting tennis of only two sets in the men's final and the women get the same prize money - it is wrong, I don't care what anyone says.

Well what if one year the men's match was over very quickly, and the women's happened to last longer?

If they should get paid for length of time played then that sounds fine to me, but it should be timed and done properly. Gender shouldn't come into it.

Women footballers get paid less than men but they play the same amount of time.
But then I assume you would switch instead to the argument that sponsorship etc is different. Which is true.

But would you desperately rush to find some argument that women should be paid less in every sport? Can you think of one where you think they should be paid the same?

Quote: zooo @ 12th July 2015, 4:19 PM BST

Well what if one year the men's match was over very quickly, and the women's happened to last longer?

It's not the actual playing time what bothers Herc...that can vary from match to match. But women should play best-of-five at the big tournaments, like the men.

Ah, I see. Kind of.

What happens in the mixed doubles?

(Did everyone see the ballgirl fall on her arse? I laughed.)