Wimbledon 2015 Page 2

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 30th June 2015, 6:14 PM BST

They did that many years ago. The final of the WTA Finals was played best of five.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WTA_Tour_Championships

But they changed the modus in 1999. For the best I think because I remember those 4 or 5 set matches not being very attractive. The women seemed tired after 2 or 3 sets.

So pay them less then! Equality is equality.

Shame Murray is such an arse.

Quote: zooo @ 30th June 2015, 7:22 PM BST

Yeah, bloody women. Say they want to be equal but don't even piss standing up! What a load of bullshit.

Sports prize money isn't something that's paid by the hour! Otherwise cricketers would deserve a lot more than footballers. I assume Herc you are having a snit about that inequality too. It wouldn't be something you're only directing at women...

You're being a bit silly zooo. Why should they get paid the same for doing less work? In the real world they get paid less fir doing the same amount of work so their prize money should be way down.

I've solved it. Men and women should get equal pay. Here's why:

Men do 5 sets, the sets are usually longer. A lot more 6-4 and 7-5 type sets. Longer working hours.

Women do 3 sets. A lot of 6-1 and 6-2 sets which are more prevalent in the women's game. Shorter working hours. Add to this all the threats of sexual violence on Twitter and there you go.

Equal pay in Tennis justified.

I don't really want Serena Williams to win but if I was her I'd be so bloody annoyed by the noises made by Azarenka.

Quote from the commentator.

"She has a very well populated box!"

Quote: Chappers @ 7th July 2015, 5:52 PM BST

I don't really want Serena Williams to win but if I was her I'd be so bloody annoyed by the noises made by Azarenka.

With you 100% on that. I can't watch it. Can you imagine what it would be like if she had to play that other screecher Sharapova. F**king nightmare.

They should be told to zip it in no uncertain terms or be banned in my opinion.

My girlfriend's daughter is 25 and she sees nothing wrong with it. She says it's natural and they're encouraged to do it as a method of exhaling.

Bollocks, it's some f**king crap training shit that some American wanker devised. Why should they be allowed to get away with it. You hear the odd grunt from other players, but this is so unnecessary.

If I were playing, I'd be temped to use the 'grunt' to have some fun and just shout 'TITS' every time I hit the ball.

Quote: Chappers @ 7th July 2015, 5:52 PM BST

Laughing out loud Was it Andrew Castle? He's like a tennis based version of Richard Madeley

I see that bunch of Aussie wankers are staying for the Ashes and the RWC.

Hope somebody sorts them first.

Angry

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 7th July 2015, 11:53 PM BST

If I were playing, I'd be temped to use the 'grunt' to have some fun and just shout 'TITS' every time I hit the ball.

I have an audio tape from at least 10 years ago somewhere in my collection, but I cannot remember what show it was, where a comedian did a skit exactly like that. Very funny - I will have to dig it out.

It's not a new problem and is not confined to the ladies. I seem to remember that it first surfaced with Jimmy Connors, but not as extreme as it is now. Angry

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 8th July 2015, 4:53 AM BST

I have an audio tape from at least 10 years ago somewhere in my collection, but I cannot remember what show it was, where a comedian did a skit exactly like that. Very funny - I will have to dig it out.

It's not a new problem and is not confined to the ladies. I seem to remember that it first surfaced with Jimmy Connors, but not as extreme as it is now. Angry

I'd be interested to know who that was (perhaps I saw it and it stayed in my subconsious)

I thought Bruce Lee invented the screaming while striking thing.

Seems I'm in the minority then.

I love Wimbledon (or all tennis)

Went a couple of times in the late 80's and saw some of the greats play.

I played myself at the time and soon realised how far apart my game was to theirs. (and I thought I was quite good)

But having said that, the way they play these days can be very boring.
They will not serve and volley. (too frightened of being passed)

Dustin Brown did and beat Rafael Nadal this year.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 8th July 2015, 1:19 PM BST

I'd be interested to know who that was (perhaps I saw it and it stayed in my subconsious)

Will try and find it Doug, but I have hundreds of tapes in different "safe place" storage, but it was definitely on a radio show.

Thank f**k for that, both the screechers are out! Mind you, it might have been quite amusing if they had both been in the final together - apparently there was quite a bit of giggling in the crowd at Sharapova, the noisy cow.

Oooh yes, the yodeller versus our Brit (unless he loses, then he is Scottish of course. Laughing out loud )