General Election 2015 Page 21

I went to vote just before 7:00 am.
I was the only voter there and was surrounded by the candidates or representatives asking who I was voting for.
They each got a polite but definitive answer that it was between me and the polling booth.
My celeb status lasted less than a minute as more people came to the polling station.........I was dropped like a hot tatty.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 7th May 2015, 9:00 AM BST

I went to vote just before 7:00 am.
I was the only voter there and was surrounded by the candidates or representatives asking who I was voting for.
They each got a polite but definitive answer that it was between me and the polling booth.
My celeb status lasted less than a minute as more people came to the polling station.........I was dropped like a hot tatty.

Just a man with a blue rosette outside mine. I insisted on entering into a ten minute conversation about all my local concerns and he was well irritated. "What is the number? What is the number?"

The other thing is that my card number is a low single digit so they all get over-excited on that point - that's once they have asked me am I "sure?" and can they just check to see if I "have got it right?".

Stop Press

Just got an e-mail from my UKIP candidate. She is also against fracking in urban areas so that is all five of the main ones who replied and all are in agreement. Someone had better tell Nige - and Boris!

Apparently you can take a pet with you as long as it doesn't disturb other voters.

Do I have time to train a rottweiller to snarl at people who smell conservative?

Quote: sootyj @ 7th May 2015, 10:20 AM BST

Apparently you can take a pet with you as long as it doesn't disturb other voters.

Do I have time to train a rottweiller to snarl at people who smell conservative?

Laughing out loud

I might give my UKIP candidate a big hug and a peck on the cheek, poor guy will no doubt get bullied all day,

Quote: sootyj @ 7th May 2015, 10:26 AM BST

I might give my UKIP candidate a big hug and a peck on the cheek, poor guy will no doubt get bullied all day,

On your earlier point: Support Class War (Donate) (!!!) had a dog in their (totally unbroadcastable) election video although it was a bit on the small side. They even gave a special mention to comedy.

http://www.classwarparty.org.uk/about/

Here's something I stuck on Facebook for a friend considering voting for a dead politician

ote zombie! Zombie candidate need no second grave! Zombie no sleep so 24/7 commitment to local issues! Zombie candidate consensus candidate, zombie candidate pick brains of other candidates....out of Zombie teeth!

Quote: A Horseradish @ 7th May 2015, 2:27 AM BST

The slightly weird thing is that it is my upper back which has the problems.

Still, it's best not to ask questions.

:D

I've had quite a few people tell me that they've voted Tory (even though I never asked). Although strangely at the same time, they all said it sheepishly - "I have um, voted, um Conservative... they seem to have started something um, good?".

I've been tempted to say, do you want to go back in and try again?

Quote: Lee @ 7th May 2015, 11:19 AM BST

I've been tempted to say, do you want to go back in and try again?

Does that chat up line ever work?

Quote: sootyj @ 7th May 2015, 10:20 AM BST

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Getting annoyed about a conversation on FB where members are encouraging people to draw a penis or a large cross or write 'none of these' on their vote as a serious political gesture. What do they expect to achieve? The response I got when I asked that question was -

"It shows how many people do not believe the parties policies are worth voting for. It says we care enough to be counted but we do not want these parties in power or we do not believe this system works for us..."

My understanding of that comment is that it doesn't actually count for anything regarding who wins, it's more of a personal protest.

Any thoughts guys and gals?

Stupid, if you're in a really safe seat.

Then vote Green or UKIP or Animal Welfare.

They'll be able to say we got x million votes in the country, so we have a popular mandate and should be listened to.

If it's a swing seat, then you could chase the arseholes out of government.

Spoiling ballots? Have the guts to go piss on a war memorial, because that's what you're doing.

Quote: Loopey @ 7th May 2015, 12:11 PM BST

Any thoughts guys and gals?

Personal protests are useless on the ballot paper. Vote or don't vote, but don't waste your time.

Quote: sootyj @ 7th May 2015, 12:15 PM BST

Stupid, if you're in a really safe seat.

Then vote Green or UKIP or Animal Welfare.

They'll be able to say we got x million votes in the country, so we have a popular mandate and should be listened to.

If it's a swing seat, then you could chase the arseholes out of government.

Spoiling ballots? Have the guts to go piss on a war memorial, because that's what you're doing.

Quote: Nogget @ 7th May 2015, 12:15 PM BST

Personal protests are useless on the ballot paper. Vote or don't vote, but don't waste your time.

That's pretty much what I am saying to them but they are insistent that because of the sacrifices made to give us women the right to vote we should use it, even if to spoil it. I think I will just leave the debate, no point trying to make a point if others are so entrenched in their views that they won't actually discuss but just make statements.