General Election 2015

I do feel sorry for Milliband as he does seem to be out of his depth.

I still don't know who will win but I'm quite confident that the Lib Dems will loose nearly all of their seats.

Quote: Chappers @ 30th March 2015, 6:50 PM BST

I do feel sorry for Milliband as he does seem to be out of his depth.

I still don't know who will win but I'm quite confident that the Lib Dems will loose nearly all of their seats.

Well....if they're loose they probably won't mind losing them.

Whistling nnocently well ain't I the smart ass!

I would make a comment if it wasn't for the fact that I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in the debacle this is leading up to.

Quote: Will Cam @ 30th March 2015, 6:59 PM BST

Well....if they're loose they probably won't mind losing them.

Whistling nnocently well ain't I the smart ass!

I must be getting old. I used to pride myself on my speling.

I don't say I know all about it, but politics quite obsess me. I'm about to have an exciting 6 weeks. Pitiful, eh?

Quote: keewik @ 30th March 2015, 10:27 PM BST

I don't say I know all about it, but politics quite obsess me. I'm about to have an exciting 6 weeks. Pitiful, eh?

Yup.

Quote: keewik @ 30th March 2015, 10:27 PM BST

We're already in presidential election mode in the States and the election won't be held for 19 months! I hate politics and I hate hearing about politicians incessantly for nearly 2 years at a time.

Re Labour and the SNP:

The punchline is: "Is it Wee 'Eck as like?" but what's the question? Errr

DESTROY THE NHS - VOTE TORY!

Quote: lofthouse @ 31st March 2015, 6:00 PM BST

DESTROY THE NHS - VOTE TORY!

A Horseradish may be voting Green or it may be the first year ever that he abstains.

He resides in a utilitarian mud hut in one of the most Conservative areas on the planet.

The Labour candidate is Emily Benn. Nice family. Shame about her career in banking. Teary

This should separate the sheep from the goats.

Just sent:

Hello Emily

As our Labour candidate in the General Election, would you unequivocally guarantee that under a Labour Government & Council there will be no fracking in this constituency in the next five years?

A Horseradish

Quote: A Horseradish @ 31st March 2015, 6:02 PM BST

As our Labour candidate in the General Election, would you unequivocally guarantee that under a Labour Government & Council there will be no fracking in this constituency in the next five years?

I live only a few miles from what may be the largest fracking operation in the world. 100% of my drinking water comes from an underground aquifer and I'm not worried in the slightest. It's literally pouring money and jobs into the area.

It's probably not too farfetched to assume that much of the money and outcry against fracking comes from certain nations which used to have a near-monopoly on oil production.

Quote: DaButt @ 31st March 2015, 6:43 PM BST

I live only a few miles from what may be the largest fracking operation in the world. 100% of my drinking water comes from an underground aquifer and I'm not worried in the slightest. It's literally pouring money and jobs into the area.

It's probably not too farfetched to assume that much of the money and outcry against fracking comes from certain nations which used to have a near-monopoly on oil production.

Nice.

Wasn't Vera Scroggins the woman who had to go to court just so that she get into hospital for an operation because fracking companies owned the hospital road and considered her a troublemaker?

Or was that someone else?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAafjQxhP1k

Meanwhile, airside:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR1eggWf7kc

Quote: A Horseradish @ 31st March 2015, 6:50 PM BST

Wasn't Vera Scroggins the woman who had to go to court just so that she get into hospital for an operation because fracking companies owned the hospital road and considered her a troublemaker?

She's apparently a kook who likes to block privately owned roads. They don't block her from using public roads.

Quote: DaButt @ 31st March 2015, 6:56 PM BST

She's apparently a kook who likes to block privately owned roads. They don't block her from using public roads.

Right.

The Tories want 2,830 fracked wells in the UK.

Residents at each well could face as many as 51 tanker truck journeys each day for three years.

And that's just the tip of a very big iceberg.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 31st March 2015, 7:00 PM BST

Residents at each well could face as many as 51 tanker truck journeys each day for three years.

But I'll bet the anti-frackers wouldn't complain if 51 trucks loaded with wind turbines and solar collectors pounded down the road every day.

If the government is smart, they'll earmark for future road repairs some of the billions of pounds in revenue that they and the oil companies will earn. It's what they did here.