Cradle To Grave Page 2

The tortoise destroying the teapots was the highlight for me.

The next episode is set in Dymchurch. That's always stuck in time.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 7th September 2015, 7:04 AM BST

The next episode is set in Dymchurch. That's always stuck in time.

I hope there's some Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch Railway action!

I thought it was great, Peter Kay's accent wasn't the best but ceratainly not as bad as Dick Van Dyke.

Loved the cock in the face bit, which I have heard Danny Baker talk about many times on his radio show.

I'm looking forward to Episode 2 and might even buy the book.

PK's accent is a combination of Bolton and Cockney.

I'd describe it as 'Bolockney'.

I have to admit I am not a fan of Danny Baker or Peter Kay but I watched Peter Kay's programme about car sharing and thought it was good so I thought I would give this a go and found it to be very enjoyable. There are some good one liners which made me laugh "Who's moved in, The Beatles."

I will keep watching and Peter Kay definitely makes this programme.

It is hard to imagine the fascination over a video recorder though. I suppose that was the 70s.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 14th September 2015, 11:26 PM BST

PK's accent is a combination of Bolton and Cockney.

I'd describe it as 'Bolockney'.

I have to admit though PK's normal accent is so broad to get anywhere near the South East of London he has done very well.

I'm getting more involved in this although as with most Peter Kay things (I know Danny Baker wrote it) it's a lot more about the everyday things of the time that now seem strange.

I've been enjoying it
The dance bit in ep 2 did make me laugh out loud as I believed that that could have and probably did happen in some form

Quote: misfit @ 20th September 2015, 9:34 PM BST

It is hard to imagine the fascination over a video recorder though. I suppose that was the 70's.

When video recorders first came out in 1956 they were horrendously expensive and not on sale to the general public. They cost $50,000 apiece and were not much smaller than a Mini!

No 'normal' person had a video recorder until the latter half of the 1970s. Indeed, Lenny Henry's first appearance on 'New Faces' in 1975 was thought to be unrecorded and lost to posterity until it emerged that super-rich comedian and film buff Bob Monkhouse had owned a video recorder at that time and had recorded the relevant episode.

When he heard Lenny had been desperately seeking a recording of the show without success, he sent him a copy as a gift. Lenny was, as they say, over the moon.

The VCR shown in the recent episode of 'Cradle to Grave' is the Sanyo VTC9300PN which came out in 1978.

I really wanted to like this and The Kennedys having enjoyed the source memoirs both were based on, but am finding both quite flat and insipid.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 21st September 2015, 8:01 AM BST

When video recorders first came out in 1956 they were horrendously expensive and not on sale to the general public. They cost $50,000 apiece and were not much smaller than a Mini!

No 'normal' person had a video recorder until the latter half of the 1970s. Indeed, Lenny Henry's first appearance on 'New Faces' in 1975 was thought to be unrecorded and lost to posterity until it emerged that super-rich comedian and film buff Bob Monkhouse had owned a video recorder at that time and had recorded the relevant episode.

When he heard Lenny had been desperately seeking a recording of the show without success, he sent him a copy as a gift. Lenny was, as they say, over the moon.

The VCR shown in the recent episode of 'Cradle to Grave' is the Sanyo VTC9300PN which came out in 1978.

My husband said exactly the same thing.

I did wonder about the video because we didn't get one until about 1980 although we were nowhere near the first ones. The same as that with the bigger cassettes.

Apart from that I am growing to like this more each week.

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd September 2015, 10:22 PM BST

I've seen it all before. Sorry Danny.

Yes, it's basically a rehash of ITV's The Grimleys with a dash of OFAH!

Thursday's episode had boobies featured in it, real French ones and all. Sous le buste if you please. That must have got all of you lads a quiver.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 4th October 2015, 12:37 PM BST

Thursday's episode had boobies featured in it, real French ones and all. Sous le buste if you please. That must have got all of you lads a quiver.

You mean the scene in the dark room? No moving pictures of boobies, that doesn't count.