Cradle To Grave Page 3

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 4th October 2015, 3:08 PM BST

You mean the scene in the dark room? No moving pictures of boobies, that doesn't count.

I didn't realise that you were all so discerning! I enjoyed the episode though and it's nice to see Spider from Corrie as one of Fred's workmates.

I liked this, I watched all the episodes back to back on catch up and so got quite into it. I haven't seen the other 70s based sitcom, The Kennedys yet. Wonder how they'll compare.

Quote: Mutley @ 4th October 2015, 4:06 PM BST

I liked this, I watched all the episodes back to back on catch up and so got quite into it. I haven't seen the other 70's based sitcom, The Kennedys yet. Wonder how they'll compare.

I watched both this lunchtime. I preferred The Kennedys because the cast is better. Saying that, it's only Ep1 of TK and Ep5 of CTG, so it's an unfair comparison.

The way it's going I think I'll morph into one of those poncey people who pretend to never have owned a TV and would watch a 12in B/W at a push.

Who was Shaky's defence lawyer? He only had three weeks left and instead of escaping he spent 14 months in a different prison. Not only that he was clearly barking mad...

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 10th October 2015, 4:30 PM BST

Who was Shaky's defence lawyer? He only had three weeks left and instead of escaping he spent 14 months in a different prison. Not only that he was clearly barking mad...

Simon Day was very good at the role, mind you, he plays the same kind of role in The Fast Show, Grass and other such comedies. You wouldn't think that he was a nice middle class lad from Blackheath would you?

Has anyone mentioned the French female teacher who seems to be undertaking some dodgy relationships with her male pupils? My husband said that teachers were a bit odd in the 70s.

I've just finished watching this.

I thought it was pretty good. It hooked me in enough to watch the entire series. I watched five minutes of The Kennedys and switched it off.

There's something about some comedies. The twee delivery and over acting along with the same kind of phrasing that seems so common that it makes me cringe and I have to switch off.

But CTG I thought was very well acted and wasn't twee or cringe, well, some of the situations were cringe but the delivery and acting wasn't.