New Dad's Army film Page 12

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 4th July 2016, 4:40 PM BST

If you have any more comedy related queries Aaron you know where to come

pwned!

Well, it wasn't actually a question...

Who do you think you are kidding Mr

I am watching the DVD of this film with some friends on Friday so have been reading this thread in preparation. I note that, on page 3 of the thread, back in October 2014, the question of whether David Jason was ever considered for the part of Corporal Jones was discussed.

If anyone is still interested, two years on, I can tell you that, on page 171 of David Croft's autobiography, "You Have Been Watching...", published by BBC Books in 2004, he refers to David Jason, who Croft's agent wife, Ann, had signed as a client. He says:

"I used him a time or two in various series and in Mother Goose, the BBC's pantomime. He came along to read the part of Jones and, of course, was excellent. All the same, with some reluctance, l decided not to offer him the part. I thought the task of changing a man in his twenties into a 70 year old who would look right on camera in close-up would be too much for the make-up department - particularly on a daily basis when we were filming. I went for Clive Dunn. To my exasperation he said he wanted time to think about it because he was undecided as to whether he wanted to play another old man."

Clive Dunn was eventually persuaded, of course, by the fact that his friend, John Le Mesurier, had accepted a role in the series.

On now. A complete load of shite. Absolute garbage. Complete waste of time. An insult to the original. Completely unfunny. Disgraceful. Showing Jones as a fraud - shockingly bad. Why did they f**king bother. Embarrassing. Shit. Bollocks. Wank. Tripe.

How is the Tourette's going Will?

Laughing out loud

Laughing out loud

Quote: playfull @ 1st June 2017, 3:19 PM

How is the Tourette's going Will?

Laughing out loudf**king well thanks. f**k, knob, piss.