New Dad's Army film Page 10

Quote: Ian Wolf @ 27th January 2016, 9:22 AM GMT

Been gathering the reviews for the guide. Certainly more wide-ranging than I was expecting, ranging from god-awful in the Mirror to better than the original in the Independent.

It's amusing that both reviews use Jonesy's "panic-catchphrase" to make a comment about the film's quality.

Just heard on the local radio that it has been given the thumbs up by the Dad's Army museum at Thetford.

http://dadsarmythetford.org.uk/

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th January 2016, 4:16 PM GMT

Just heard on the local radio that it has been given the thumbs up by the Dad's Army museum at Thetford.

http://dadsarmythetford.org.uk/

Praise indeed!

Crap review in The Guardian, the thrust was "Why did they do it at all?"

There's no excuse in my book for the script being poor. Plenty of funding for this film, get 6 spec scripts done until you find the right one, just don't commit yourself to a poor script! But we will see if that is the case or not.

I just hope Bill Nighy isn't too irritating when I'm watching it. Would also like to see CZJ get her kit off if she's playing a Marta Hari type but I don't imagine we'll be that lucky. :( Anyway look forward to seeing it.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th January 2016, 8:32 PM GMT

The extended One Show tomorrow features the film and some of the cast.

And very good it was too - is on catch up if you missed it:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06yg6yn/the-one-show-27012016

CZJ was on there Alf. Lovey

Quote: beaky @ 27th January 2016, 4:56 PM GMT

Praise indeed!

Crap review in The Guardian, the thrust was "Why did they do it at all?"

Well I never take any notice of the Grauniad.

Just realised that Emily Atack who is in this is the daughter of Kate Robbins.(I think!)

Not another bloody film with Bill Nighy in it.

Quote: Chappers @ 27th January 2016, 11:36 PM GMT

Just realised that Emily Atack who is in this is the daughter of Kate Robbins.(I think!)

Yes

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th January 2016, 8:21 PM GMT

And very good it was too - is on catch up if you missed it:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06yg6yn/the-one-show-27012016

CZJ was on there Alf. Lovey

The marketing people must be really shitting themselves to wheel out all those big guns.
Doesn't bode well.

I shall reserve judgement until after I see it, which will be when it is on TV. I have no intention of watching this at the cinema.

I watched this tonight at the cinema. I quite enjoyed. I thought it was an excellent film and very funny too. Really enjoyed, I recommend it to people to go and watch it. It was a good film. A 10/10 for me.

I watched this at my local cinema yesterday - thought it would be apt to watch a small screen film at my little theatre of a cinema :-)

From the moment it was announced they'd be making a new Dad's Army film, I was always keen for it - most people seemed to think it wasn't necessary. Perhaps so, but nevertheless, I had been looking forward to it.

It's great! I loved it. Very funny.

I do have my reservations on the choice of actors for one or two of the characters. I thought Jones and Fraser were wasted in this. By this, I mean, they missed the mark with making these two funnier. The chap playing Jones was not convincing in the slightest sound wise.

Top marks go to the actors playing Mainwaring, Wilson, Godfrey (especially Godfrey - funniest out of the lot I felt), Pike and the Vicar! Was great to see Frank Williams play his original part. Was equally as great, but weird seeing Ian Lavender playing a different role. I wonder if he coached Blake Harrison with the role of Pike?

All in all, a cute film. Just a shame Jones did not feel like Jones.

Looking forward to seeing this.

What is it with Catherine Zeta Jones? She seems to get within 10 miles of the UK and her Welsh accent seems to kick in.

Quote: alan1967 @ 9th February 2016, 8:13 PM GMT

What is it with Catherine Zeta Jones? She seems to get within 10 miles of the UK and her Welsh accent seems to kick in.

She had zero Welshness in this film mate.