Trollied - Series 4 Page 2

Quote: gb901 @ 30th October 2014, 9:12 AM GMT

I don't have high hopes for Series 4 especially as I see that not only has Leighton departed, but the annoying Mr Pink - the male teacher and the Doctor's assistant's love interest - from Doctor Who has joined!

I too we're feeling the same way after hearing Leighton had left but I for one like Danny Pink in Doctor Who. I'm not sure how he's gonna work in a sitcom though and my hopes were uplifted after watching a clip of Stephen Tompkinson's character and Margaret interacting. Good stuff but I am still hesitant.

So I've seen series 4 episode 1 now so if you haven't seen it you can ask questions if you wish :)

Quote: Maximusmaxston @ 31st October 2014, 3:06 PM GMT

So I've seen series 4 episode 1 now so if you haven't seen it you can ask questions if you wish :)

Was it any good? I have noticed it is available on-demand but I will probably wait till Monday.

Quote: G180e @ 31st October 2014, 4:02 PM GMT

Was it any good? I have noticed it is available on-demand but I will probably wait till Monday.

It is good I quite enjoyed it I especially enjoyed Brian interacting with Margaret and Margaret discovering the simpsons for the first time

I liked it too.I think it gets better each time to be fair. The characters are great in it.Shame it is on SKY though. Reason why because it doesn't attract more viewers like BBC and ITV so therefore it doesn't get enough recognition as it should do. Tonight's opener was great and the new characters are quite charming so,looking forward to the next episode.

Pale shadow of its former self now I'm afraid!

Sorry to say it's now quite pitiful: the boss's daughter scenario and aunt Rose are truly excruciating.

I thought this week's episode was better than the opening episode. However, I am still yet to warm to those new characters but it was nice to see Simon Delaney pop up as Brendan O'Connor after seeing him as Tom Crews in Mrs Brown's Boys D'Movie Laughing out loud

How anyone can call this a comedy is beyond me!

Some of us call it a comedy because we find it funny :)

I apologize to all who disagree with me, but I have suffered through three episodes of Series 4 of Trollied and it has become, quite simply, unwatchable.

From the beginning, Trollied was one of our guilty pleasures: not the greatest comedy ever written or performed, but amusing in its own idiosyncratic way. We had to tolerate the annoying and pointless Stephanie Beacham character in the second series, but continued to enjoy the rest of the cast. But last year, things began unraveling. We would gladly have suffered through more of Beacham's Lorraine if only we could have never laid eyes on Chris Geere's dreadful Richard France character. Then, one by one, the best parts of the show started dropping out. Mark Addy left. Nick Blood left. And now Jane Horrocks, the heart of the show, is gone as is Joel Fry's delightfully innocent lunkhead Leighton.

What has replaced these vital cogs? Miryam Margolies' dreadful Rose character. Don't get me wrong. Miryam is a marvelous comic actress. But when she lowers herself to material as is written for this character, it is hopeless. Gavin has no one left to work off. The new characters are, even at their best, a nondescript lot. The writing is noticeably worse. It is unwatchable.

It hasn't become unwatchable for me but this series is notably the weakest compared to the first three series.

I absolutely love Aisling Bea's new character.

Quote: Aaron @ 18th November 2014, 8:45 PM GMT

She is clearly intended to take Joel Fry's place as the incompetent, mentally sub-par character. But she does it without Leighton's heart or complete naivete.

Quote: Aaron @ 18th November 2014, 8:45 PM GMT

Surely you jest sir?

Would be incredibly surprised if show limps on past this piss poor series!