Newsjack - Series 10 Page 12

I like the new one-liner style but they could still be doing with clarification on topicality.

Got three of each sent, and all but 2 TV/Radio ones were topical in the hope that improves my chances. (given you know, it is a topical show).

Anyone care to spill what they covered?

/sent sketch on Ukraine and oscar success of Gravity

My sketches were Women on Panel Shows and Cat Cafe. My one-liners were a mixed bag, my favourite one was about the Aurora Borealis. My TV listings were The Great British Back Off (scotland vs england), Peppa Pig and worlds wildest...police...etc.

Nice & comforting to get the Auto reply back anyway

My sketches were about GCHQ webcam hacking and Nigel Farage.

I didn't get an autoreply!

No autoreply for me either. This has not happened before. Should I be worried? Genius lines lost in cyberspace. A punishment for bottling out of doing something about Oscar's red carpet (ie the one in his bathroom)

No comforting autoreply here either. Though I wasn't totally convinced by the quality of my attempts, so if those emails didn't make it, then maybe the ether's loss is Newsjack's gain.

My sketches were on direct fundraising (chuggers) and the care data fiasco.

Sorry I meant
Wouldn't it be...

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 4th March 2014, 5:00 PM GMT

Nice & comforting to get the Auto reply back anyway

I didn't get one either

I suspect the SWYW borrowed it and forgot to give it back.

By the way, Stephen (and anybody else at tonight's recording), my hair is now short and lightish brownish (unlike previous Avatar).

In true blind-date style I'll be wearing the brooch what I made, as seen in my profile pic. Remember to say how lovely it looks.

That is a lovely brooch.

Viv - I've applied for tickets to the 5th recording - if you're at that one it would be great to say hello. Enjoy tonight, wish I was there.

Quote: Blinkered @ 4th March 2014, 6:07 PM GMT

A punishment for bottling out of doing something about Oscar's red carpet (ie the one in his bathroom)

Hah, first read of that I thought you sent that in! I equally ignored my idea about the tortoise with the new wheelly foot shooting his girlfriend...

(For newcomers to newsjack here: Don't send in bad taste jokes. They don't like them, they won't use them and it'll only highlight how little you know the show.)

Re: sketch topics - seems more varied then usual which is nice. Can't believe I didn't think of women on sketch shows though!

Quote: Hennell @ 5th March 2014, 12:29 PM GMT

Can't believe I didn't think of women on sketch shows though!

Yes, sounds like a good idea!

I didn't get an autoreply either... maybe anyone who got one sent their stuff to the old email address... Angelic

Quick question for those that have attended the recordings before.

Does Lewis read the credits in front of the live audience, or is it done solely in post production? (They normally sound like they have been sped up a little.)

Just curious because, well, if anyone hears my name mentioned tonight, please let me know!

Matt.