Newsjack - Series 10 Page 9

What are people doing re the oneliners? topical?

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 2nd March 2014, 10:43 AM GMT

What are people doing re the oneliners? topical?

As I don't know quite what the show wants I've done some topical, some not.

I may just copy and paste their own examples back in, safest thing really Whistling nnocently

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 2nd March 2014, 10:50 AM GMT

I may just copy and paste their own examples back in, safest thing really Whistling nnocently

If so, please change the second occurrence of 'face' to 'head' in the Jesus' face breaking news...

Quote: Tony Cowards @ 26th February 2014, 2:58 PM GMT

Reading the submission guidelines I'm a bit confused, do they want "made up" news stories (especially for the one liners) rather than things based on actual news stories?

Still trying to figure that out, does anyone know??

Quote: Tony Cowards @ 26th February 2014, 2:58 PM GMT

Reading the submission guidelines I'm a bit confused, do they want "made up" news stories (especially for the one liners) rather than things based on actual news stories?

They said on twitter they want absurd stuff grounded in reality and jokes based on actual events. If that helps.

With the header information (name, email, title), is it better to use all upper case like in the template?

Quote: Badge @ 2nd March 2014, 1:37 PM GMT

They said on twitter they want absurd stuff grounded in reality and jokes based on actual events. If that helps.

Can I ask, was that just on the @NewsjackBBC account or is there another one?

Quote: Judgement Dave @ 2nd March 2014, 1:56 PM GMT

Can I ask, was that just on the @NewsjackBBC account or is there another one?

That's the only one I know of. And I'm not on twitter, I just looked on the Web. You have to open up a few messages to see the questions and replies though.

Quote: V Riddoch @ 2nd March 2014, 10:31 AM GMT

Cor, you had a late one, Bonzo. Perhaps we should start a Mums-trying-to-squeeze-writing-into-the-wee-small-hours-when-nobody-wants-feeding thread...

I'm just off to my 'office', ie the M&S cafe, for a couple of hours. Don't tell my kids.

Ha ha! It wasn't all work last night, I also caught up on 3 old episodes I'd recorded of 'Ever Decreasing Circles' - BBC3 is reshowing them.

Just managed to remove child from moshi monsters website and going to try to write up my second one.

Quote: Badge @ 2nd March 2014, 1:37 PM GMT

That makes it 65% clearer, now just need to demist the windscreen ;)

Anyone sent in anything yet? If so: did you get a confirmation email back?

Sent some in at about 15:30 and not heard anything back - so my superpower of paranoia is kicking in.

Just sent off my 2 sketches and 9 one liners off now. Not got anything back (though it was only about 10 mins ago.)

I know I said I wasn't going to, but what the hell...

9 one-liners gone in.

No auto-response, but then again I don't think they have in previous series have they?

I've sent off two sketches, but I've barely started on the one liners.