The Sitcom Mission 2014 Page 9

Hi,

I just paid to upload my script and waited for 10 mins or so but was never redirected to a page to upload so I've just e-mailed a copy of my receipt with my script attached to: info@sitcommission.com

Would it be possible for someone to drop me an e-mail to confirm they have received it?

Thanks,

Danny

I just wanted to put in a good word for Declan and Simon and the Sitcommission - I entered last year by writing my first ever script. I didn't know if I could write, let alone write comedy - but figured I might as well try.

The first script I wrote was genuinely awful - I sent it for feedback and was told, in the nicest possible way, that I needed to re-think it completely.

I took their advice on board and my second effort was much better. A year on, a million re-writes later and things are really moving forward for me and that script - lots of interest and some exciting things on the horizon. I am also starting to write other things besides sitcom.

I doubt I would have had the confidence to believe in myself if it wasn't for their encouragement and guidance.

If anyone is unsure about writing a script and entering - go for it. You have nothing to lose.

Quote: Otterfox @ 25th March 2014, 3:51 PM GMT

So just to clarify, it does not matter if it is in TV script or radio script format? I know you want it funny and interesting as well but I can't do everything! :)

Yes, either is fine.

Quote: Jennie @ 26th March 2014, 2:46 PM GMT

I took their advice on board and my second effort was much better. A year on, a million re-writes later and things are really moving forward for me and that script - lots of interest and some exciting things on the horizon.

That's great news, Jennie; feel free to share, and/or can you PM us with details?

Quote: Daniel Jackson @ 25th March 2014, 9:24 PM GMT

Hi,

I just paid to upload my script and waited for 10 mins or so but was never redirected to a page to upload so I've just e-mailed a copy of my receipt with my script attached to: info@sitcommission.com

Would it be possible for someone to drop me an e-mail to confirm they have received it?

Thanks,

Danny

Hi Danny, yes received and sorted and script now uploaded, cheers.

I'm hoping to put the finishing touches to mine after work and send it off. As usual I leave it to the last minute and as usual 'tis a little strange.

Uploaded mine - a very easy process.

Too many characters I'm sure but I enjoyed writing it.

Mike.

I just spotted a stray comma in mine where it shouldn't be; but I'm too scared to re-upload it in case it all goes wrong... :(

Quote: Bonzo @ 31st March 2014, 9:17 PM BST

I just spotted a stray comma in mine where it shouldn't be; but I'm too scared to re-upload it in case it all goes wrong... :(

Don't worry... have a go, Jane.

Ok... here goes...

I've done it! Removed the offending comma and also tweaked a few other bits whilst I was there (even made one line a bit funnier - :) ).

And it seems to have uploaded... fingers crossed..

Quote: Bonzo @ 31st March 2014, 10:14 PM BST

I've done it! Removed the offending comma and also tweaked a few other bits whilst I was there (even made one line a bit funnier - :) ).

And it seems to have uploaded... fingers crossed..

Hurrah!

I'm having a bit of trouble. I wrote mine in final draft but when I view it after the upload it shows up in code. Any advise?

Quote: Otterfox @ 31st March 2014, 11:37 PM BST

I'm having a bit of trouble. I wrote mine in final draft but when I view it after the upload it shows up in code. Any advise?

Can you save it as a PDF first and then upload it?

I was getting an error 20 with PDF but I think I have it uploaded correctly now with a.fcf file. Could you confirm that it's ok. Thank you.

Quote: Otterfox @ 31st March 2014, 11:55 PM BST

I was getting an error 20 with PDF but I think I have it uploaded correctly now with a.fcf file. Could you confirm that it's ok. Thank you.

Which one is yours?