The Sitcom Mission 2014 Page 3

Capital letters

If I think of an idea I might have a go.

Any chance of anyone getting anywhere near the final 4 if

1) They don't suck up to the judges like the cringey efforts last year

What does this actually mean? How did writers 'suck up to the judges'? I think we should be told. Are you accusing writers of submitting scripts that a production company might actually want to make? Are you pursuing an alternative policy? How's it working out for you?

And for those of us that are already pretty 'sucky-uppy' and still don't get anywhere: what are we doing wrong?!?!

Dan

Quote: simon wright @ 24th January 2014, 11:38 AM GMT

Any chance of anyone getting anywhere near the final 4 if

1) They don't suck up to the judges like the cringey efforts last year

What does this actually mean? How did writers 'suck up to the judges'? I think we should be told.

I shouldn't worry.
it's just someone preparing their excuses for why they didn't get through.
Conspiracy theories are just comfort blankets.

Conspiracy theories are just comfort blankets.[/quote]
Now that's a T-shirt waiting to be made.

Here's a writer whose also a suck up

Quote: Kevin Mears @ 21st January 2014, 3:00 PM GMT

What are your thoughts on submitting a new script/story from a previously un shortlisted sitcom? Last throw of the dice and all that.

You mean same premise and characters, but entirely new script? I'd definitely resubmit. What we find puzzling (and I know isn't the case here) is when a writer submits the same script year after year without changing anything. It has happened.

Quote: simon wright @ 24th January 2014, 11:38 AM GMT

What does this actually mean? How did writers 'suck up to the judges'? I think we should be told. Are you accusing writers of submitting scripts that a production company might actually want to make? Are you pursuing an alternative policy? How's it working out for you?

I think Simon makes some excellent points here. I have always been struck by his wit and perspicacity as well as his suave good looks and enormous sex appeal.

<Wanders off to book tickets for showcase final>

Seriously though, can we possibly avoid all the usual bollocks about bias and profiteering this year?

Or at least put it in a separate thread?

I'm sure Don would be happy to act as moderator.

Quote: Lazzard @ 24th January 2014, 11:53 AM GMT

I shouldn't worry.
it's just someone preparing their excuses for why they didn't get through.

I usually go for 'they are not visionary enough to see what I was going for'.

Quote: Ponderer @ 24th January 2014, 12:46 PM GMT

Seriously though, can we possibly avoid all the usual bollocks about bias and profiteering this year?

Yeah, just write something brilliant that wins. Easy.

Mike.

Yeah, just write something brilliant that wins. Easy.

That's it. That's what we're all looking for. Anyone who thinks we'd promote a lesser script because someone had paid for feedback is barking up the wrong tree.

Or just...barking.

Pondered for a long time entering and this year finally will.

Good luck to all.

So should I send a tin of quality street & a bottle of Chivas regal with my entry or not?

Is 'Quality Street' a humourous attempt at irony?

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ 24th January 2014, 4:30 PM GMT

Is 'Quality Street' a humourous attempt at irony?

Dan

More an attempt at bare faced bribery...