Up The Women - Series 1

It starts this Thursday. Am I right in thinking this is BBC4's first studio audience sitcom?

Looks funny from the clips I've seen, am hoping it'll be good.
Didn't realise there were only 3 episodes though. :(

Quote: zooo @ May 27 2013, 12:48 PM BST

Didn't realise there were only 3 episodes though. :(

Bit like the first series of The Thick Of It.

They probably only give it 3 episodes because it's on BBC Four and they know the channel doesn't attract such a big audience so if it's popular and another series does get ordered they may move it to BBC One or Two.

Quote: chipolata @ May 27 2013, 12:46 PM BST

Am I right in thinking this is BBC4's first studio audience sitcom?

I believe so, yes.

Rebecca Front is in everything these days, isn't she? Can't complain though, she's good.

I wanted to like it, but it didn't really do a lot for me.

I thought it was so funny!

It started off quite slow, but by the end I was enjoying it. Quite a few funny lines in there.

I wondered if it wouldn't have worked better as non-studio audience? I personally didn't think there were enough killer lines to warrant an audience.

It was OK but I wouldn't go out of my way to see it again.

I enjoyed it. A few laughs, and pleasant characters. Will watch next week.

Very good, I thought.

Will watch later, but I hope it's not too cerebral or respectful 'cos I think the opportunities for physical humour here are great. Would like to see them laying the boot in to coppers like on Python. Laughing out loud Bring Terry Jones in. Good idea, good title, let's hope they fill their boots, and get them scuffed.

Did anyone else not recognise Vicki Pepperdine?

Some good set pieces-someone to fight against in Rebecca Front's character (which I can't get a name for).

EDIT: Helen.