What are you watching on TV? Page 1,923

Quote: Nil Putters @ 11th February 2014, 12:48 PM GMT

Do you need to watch the first season? I didn't think it was very good, but I hear it got better. Might start later in the run.

The first series is quite good, but gets far too repetitive. I wouldnt say it improved as it went on. May be best to skip to Asylum.

Hmmm

The Walking Dead (S4E3).

My TV is doing this weird thing where it has removed the nice film effect filter from the show, so now it looks like one of those cheesy day time American soap operas.

Quote: Lee @ 11th February 2014, 2:57 PM GMT

The Walking Dead (S4E3).

My TV is doing this weird thing where it has removed the nice film effect filter from the show, so now it looks like one of those cheesy day time American soap operas.

You usually need to go into advanced picture settings to correct that. It's very annoying. Something to do with frame rates apparently. A lot of people don't even notice it, though, so you have earnt some respect from me, Lee.

I've twiddled with the settings but can only tone it down but not completely remove it. It doesn't help that I can't see the screen fully for a live preview.

Quote: Ben @ 11th February 2014, 3:06 PM GMT

You usually need to go into advanced picture settings to correct that. It's very annoying. Something to do with frame rates apparently. A lot of people don't even notice it, though, so you have earnt some respect from me, Lee.

God I hate that. It's called TruMotion on LG TVs. Horrible thing. Luckily you can turn it off under Picture/Picture Option.

Quote: Lee @ 11th February 2014, 3:13 PM GMT

I've twiddled with the settings but can only tone it down but not completely remove it. It doesn't help that I can't see the screen fully for a live preview.

Are you talking about the colour?

I found the right setting :) There is a de-judder slider where you can adjust the, well judder of the picture. I'm guessing the higher the setting, the more the TV "fills" in the gaps between frames. It's a clever feature, although when the setting it too high, it's too smooth and looks unnatural (or too natural) kind of like watching a live broadcast rather than a film.

Quote: Nil Putters @ 11th February 2014, 3:40 PM GMT

God I hate that. It's called TruMotion on LG TVs. Horrible thing. Luckily you can turn it off under Picture/Picture Option.

TruMotion, exactly that. :)

:) Ah, what TV have you got?

Quote: Nil Putters @ 11th February 2014, 3:43 PM GMT

:) Ah, what TV have you got?

It's my Dad's - LG 50PH660V. It's a nice enough screen but there's too many smart features that slow the thing down.

Cool, have you turned it off completely? I would.

Select TV source/Settings/Picture/Picture Option (if you haven't already). I think you'll need to do it for each source.

Quote: Nil Putters @ 11th February 2014, 3:48 PM GMT

Cool, have you turned it off completely? I would.

Select TV source/Settings/Picture/Picture Option (if you haven't already). I think you'll need to do it for each source.

No, I've set it half way, the picture was too juddery. I have acquired standard resolution episodes, so they've probably been highly compressed.

Which TV do you have?

LG HDTV 32"? something or other. It's Julia's.

I found turning it off cured the problem completely and didn't effect the quality of anything I might have acquired.

I've turned it off completely now. It's not as bad as I first thought. I kind of like the TruMotion effect but for, especially the walking dead, it was not looking good. Maybe if I watched live sports or something? It would be great!

I found that it f**ked up watching anything via PS3 (HDMI), USB and DVD (SCART adapter) inputs, and haven't switched it back on since.

I'll have to check my PS3 later, I've never noticed it before.