Hooligan's Island Page 3

So it is the same as the live show one the same clothes the same scene but more crazier ???

No, this'll be a brand new sitcom, we believe. It's just inspired by the setting that was used in the live show. I'd be very surprised if they re-use any scenes or gags directly from the stage production.

Quote: kamikazi kai @ August 24 2012, 11:46 PM BST

Bottom has been a part of my life since I was 17 and I have brought my children up on it!

Wish I had a dad like that.
But seriously, being not from Britain I learned about Bottom in my mid 20s. In my teens this show would have been my elixir of "wisdom", my oracle, my source of rude quotes.
Watching a Bottom episode before going out with my mates drinking and trying to pull birds would have been a great experience. Now I'm too old for this shit...I mean drinking and pulling birds...I'm not too old to watch Bottom/Hooligan's Island. ;)

I am so thrilled about this I could rub my own trouser area. Right kids?

When the news broke for me it was a Friday afternoon at work. It was about 4pm when a colleague next to me started salivating and beckoned me to look at his screen upon which there was a picture of Richie & Eddie. "Bottoms Back!!" he cried. Suddenly all the heads of a majority of guys in their 30s and 40s in the office started to twitch. It was as though the second coming had been announced. Then we all started to talk about our favourite gags and best episodes. A junior lad who sat opposite me asked me what Bottom was (he was only 2yrs old when it was on our screens). We all tried to explain Ritchie & Eddie to him and what they & the show meant to us. It felt like trying to hand something down to the younger generation.

I will never forget the feeling that Friday afternoon. Totally Brilliant.

Quote: dennispennis123 @ August 23 2012, 12:36 PM BST

Just confirmed this morning that Rik and Ade are coming back as their Bottom characters in a new sitcom.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2012/hooligans-island.html

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-10-15/bbc-bottom-reunion-series-hooligans-island-scrapped

Quote: Deferenz @ September 4 2012, 11:57 AM BST

I am so thrilled about this I could rub my own trouser area. Right kids?

When the news broke for me it was a Friday afternoon at work. It was about 4pm when a colleague next to me started salivating and beckoned me to look at his screen upon which there was a picture of Richie & Eddie. "Bottoms Back!!" he cried. Suddenly all the heads of a majority of guys in their 30s and 40s in the office started to twitch. It was as though the second coming had been announced. Then we all started to talk about our favourite gags and best episodes. A junior lad who sat opposite me asked me what Bottom was (he was only 2yrs old when it was on our screens). We all tried to explain Ritchie & Eddie to him and what they & the show meant to us. It felt like trying to hand something down to the younger generation.

I will never forget the feeling that Friday afternoon. Totally Brilliant.

Bad day to be you.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 15 2012, 4:19 PM BST

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-10-15/bbc-bottom-reunion-series-hooligans-island-scrapped

I was wondering how they'd handle that one! Now I can publish a story without stepping on anyone's toes... Pity RT doesn't quite give the whole story.

Quote: Aaron @ October 15 2012, 6:09 PM BST

I was wondering how they'd handle that one! Now I can publish a story without stepping on anyone's toes... Pity RT doesn't quite give the whole story.

Do you know the whole story?

I would have been interested to see this but I can't say I am too disappointed. How often is it really a good idea to bring back old characters/ideas to TV?

Well I know more than that RT report gives away. Whether even that is quite the full story or not, I don't know.

Spill you tease!

Would love to. Alas, the nature of it makes it a little, uh ... personal.

What little RT published indicated it was pretty personal.

This is a bit sad. First they announce a reunion...and only a few weeks later call the whole thing off again. Either a PR gag right from the start or just hasty and immature behaviour by Ade & Rik. :(

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ October 16 2012, 9:51 AM BST

This is a bit sad. First they announce a reunion...and only a few weeks later call the whole thing off again. Either a PR gag right from the start or just hasty and immature behaviour by Ade & Rik. :(

Immaturity from the team that bought us Bottom?!