Derek - Pilot Page 2

Quote: zooo @ March 28 2012, 6:56 PM BST

A couple of reviews http://www.heatworld.com/Entertainment/TV/2012/03/Derek-Review/

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/tubetalk/a373550/derek-what-is-ricky-gervaiss-new-comedy-pilot-like-preview.html

They do give quite a lot away though, so if you don't want to know most of what happens keep away from the Digital Spy one!

From them, it sounds pretty good to me. Looking forward to it.

Hey, I already put that Disital Spy one up! Ignoring my post. Rude.

Oops! :$

But Ricky Gervais also said that Life's Too Short was the best thing he has ever written, which is clearly not true. I'm really excited about this and from the reviews I have read should be quite good.

Yes, read several reviews now, all saying very good things (amongst a sprinkle of 'repeating stuff from past' negatives).

Quote: Jowan Mounsey @ March 29 2012, 1:15 PM BST

But Ricky Gervais also said that Lifes Too Short was the best thing he has ever written, which is clearly not true. I'm really excited about this and from the reviews I have read should be quite good.

He also says the Simpsons is the best TV show of all time.

Occasionally he is wrong.

But Ricky Gervais also said that Life's Too Short was the best thing he has ever written, which is clearly not true. I'm really excited about this and from the reviews I have read should be quite good.

Well exactly. Does that statement not hint that his idea of 'good' is perhaps, in fact, not the same as the public's?

I thought he clearly said it was the funniest? Not the best.

Quote: zooo @ March 29 2012, 1:17 PM BST

He also says the Simpsons is the best TV show of all time.

Occasionally he is wrong.

Exactly, it's only ONE OF the best shows of all time.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ March 29 2012, 1:19 PM BST

When you're claiming to be a sitcom writer, the two are one and the same.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ March 29 2012, 1:19 PM BST

I think he did, if I remember rightly; he said it might not be 'the best' but in his opinion it was the most straight up funny.

I think he meant it was more traditionally 'funny' than his previous cringey/awkward style (although it still had that too) with more slapstick and stuff.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 29 2012, 1:21 PM BST

Exactly, it's only ONE OF the best shows of all time.

Pff.

Quote: zooo @ March 29 2012, 1:24 PM BST

Pff.

That actually means 'I agree' in Welsh.

The clips on this site look pretty promising; Karl Pilkington made me laugh several times whilst watching.

David Earl as well! The wig, the glasses...brilliant

A mildly disabled man who works in a care home....not your usual comedy drama fare but I'm looking forward to this, sounds promising.