The really, really nice wimmins thread Page 31

Quote: keewik @ June 10 2012, 10:34 PM BST

I never understand 'summer boots' except for walking. Summer is bare feet and sandals.

It all really depends on whether you live in rattlesnake country ...

Quote: dellas @ June 10 2012, 9:27 AM BST

:) Ta AJGO, I did buy a tiny pair of dark denim in winter, too scared to wear em though! Thought of floral... a bit late now, soo will use khaki and brown tihgts that will mean wearing boots? Well I am taking boots- my red ones!

My partner hates them and doesn't understand boots on holiday- but we are in Italy! or black 'biker boots?

So, what did you end up wearing most on hols?

Quote: Nat Wicks @ June 10 2012, 11:05 PM BST

Even worse are those toeless boots. Just choose boots or sandals, godamnit!

I bloody hate peeptoe heels. I mean, I own some because there are too many designs that can't be rejected by such a small niggle, but just close the bloody toe section, there's no call for a bit of toe to be showing, or even worse, a bit of tights.

What shall I wear tonight? Big social drinks. (I have of course insisted on going somewhere where I can watch the football.) I was considering a flouncy floral red and white thing, but it's started raining now and it's far too cheery for rain. Or a sixties shape purple-blue dress but it's got anchors on the buttons and I'm so sick of navy themed stuff. Or this blue-purple dress that's sort of figure hugging with baggy scrunched bits, and a seam wrapped down it that's like the popper-fastening bit of, um, clothing poppers.

Red white and blue is the way to go, this summer, or just white and red as we are beating South Africa in the proper football game even as I type!

They've all been rejected in favour of grey skinny vest, black and gold short cardi-esque thing, and my beloved black silky high-waisted shorts. Up to fifteen bobby pins in my hair and will require more!

Quote: AJGO @ June 23 2012, 4:02 PM BST

So, what did you end up wearing most on hols?

I bloody hate peeptoe heels. I mean, I own some because there are too many designs that can't be rejected by such a small niggle, but just close the bloody toe section, there's no call for a bit of toe to be showing, or even worse, a bit of tights.

What shall I wear tonight? Big social drinks. (I have of course insisted on going somewhere where I can watch the football.) I was considering a flouncy floral red and white thing, but it's started raining now and it's far too cheery for rain. Or a sixties shape purple-blue dress but it's got anchors on the buttons and I'm so sick of navy themed stuff. Or this blue-purple dress that's sort of figure hugging with baggy scrunched bits, and a seam wrapped down it that's like the popper-fastening bit of, um, clothing poppers.

Tonight I will be wearing an awesome Henry Holland shorty playsuit. Black with yellow hearts, yellow belt and peter pan collar.

I like the sound of your naval dress, personally. I'm a fan of the old nautical look.

Quote: AJGO @ June 23 2012, 4:44 PM BST

They've all been rejected in favour of grey skinny vest, black and gold short cardi-esque thing, and my beloved black silky high-waisted shorts. Up to fifteen bobby pins in my hair and will require more!

Sounds splendid!

Quote: AJGO @ June 23 2012, 4:44 PM BST

Lol lets hope you don't have to go though a metal detector at the posh bash:)!

Quote: Nat Wicks @ June 23 2012, 4:45 PM BST

Tonight I will be wearing an awesome Henry Holland shorty playsuit. Black with yellow hearts, yellow belt and peter pan collar.

Wow. Pic?

Quote: Nat Wicks @ June 23 2012, 4:45 PM BST

I like the sound of your naval dress, personally. I'm a fan of the old nautical look.

Me too, and it is a great dress, but every summer nautical is in and I'm tired of it.

My outfit/hair looks kind of film noir so I'm thinking ridiculously high black heels and maybe lippie but red too obvious so not sure yet

:O WOW both outfits sound great!
kicks my purple skinnys and white-tee into a cocked hat! (white because of tan) + 2 pairs giant beads.

Went in 'bikers' took red ones, worn once as too ruddy hot! not enough sandals.

Ted hippies never obvious!

Quote: dellas @ June 23 2012, 8:05 PM BST

:O WOW both outfits sound great!
kicks my purple skinnys and white-tee into a cocked hat! (white because of tan) + 2 pairs giant beads.

Went in 'bikers' took red ones, worn once as too ruddy hot! not enough sandals.

That sounds like such a great outfit d, what sort of giant beads?
Got a daft long necklace that I adore that is half black beads and half white pearl-look that goes down to full torso, must find more.

I love the look of colour skinnys but they never ever suit me, tis a tragic shame that I am unlikely to ever be able to wear them

:) Had compliments regarding beads as they are SO heavy to wear!

Ooutfit success think= 'a few stares' so good, mind you infront of pensioners so easy pleased.

Now depressed so need relax, I don't mix in fab circles- wish! Errr

Quote: AJGO @ June 23 2012, 4:52 PM BST

Wow. Pic?

This is the one.

http://m.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_037010530360_-1?m-redir=dotcom

Do wimmin like/mind men wearing baseball boots?

I.e. men over 25?

As in Converse? They are fine. Slightly battered ones look better than brand new shiny ones (but obviously within reason).

Like Chucks? I bloody love chucks. They're practically all I buy Dan.