The really, really nice wimmins thread

For really, really nice and useful exchanges of information. Especially on topics one may feel more idiotic posting about elsewhere. Men with nice and useful information very much welcome.

I need new bras, including a sports bra, but haven't much money. Recommendations or indeed derisory comments please

New bras? Hmmm. I pride myself on my artistic talents. How about getting a couple of ice cream cone wafer containers, solidifying them with oil paint and attaching than to each other with string? On second thoughts, M & S are probably cheaper.

I used to go to La Senza but they have gone bust. HA!

George are not too bad.

Alternatively, slice through a rubber ball and tie 2 halfs together with string.

Just trying to be helpful.

You could try Primark. Pants for a quid. Not bad.

Then again, you could tape them up with sellotape.

"I want a brassiere for the wife."

"Certainly Sir, what size?"

"15"

"15? How do you work that size out?"

"Well, I take a 71/2 bowler hat and that fits one of them."

Quote: AJGO @ February 17 2012, 10:08 PM GMT

I need new bras

No you don't! Don't be silly! They look great!

Can't remember if I've ever seen one in a charity shop - but that's a wee bit shuddery.

Quote: Rooface @ February 17 2012, 10:16 PM GMT

You could try Primark. Pants for a quid. Not bad.

Yes, surprisingly, Primark bras are quite nice.

Don't think half a rubber ball or ice-cream cones would fit, although if you know of DD ice-creams please share so I can STUFF MY FACE :)

There isn't a George near me, one of the annoying things about living centrally is none of the supermarkets have enough space for clothing brands. Primark is good for other stuff but not great for bustial support.

Bras are a nightmare. You men are lucky.

You could search around online for places having sales? Might take forever though!

Quote: Oldrocker @ February 17 2012, 10:18 PM GMT

"I want a brassiere for the wife."

"Certainly Sir, what size?"

"15"

"15? How do you work that size out?"

"Well, I take a 71/2 bowler hat and that fits one of them."

Quote: keewik @ February 17 2012, 10:17 PM GMT

Then again, you could tape them up with sellotape.

Hmm, bowler hats and sellotape...

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ February 17 2012, 10:18 PM GMT

No you don't! Don't be silly! They look great!

Your penchant for saggy grey underwear is reassuring but unhelpful

Quote: keewik @ February 17 2012, 10:18 PM GMT

Can't remember if I've ever seen one in a charity shop - but that's a wee bit shuddery.

Nah, it's not knickers, is it? Don't think I've ever seen that actually, do they even accept them? Wouldn't occur to me to give them

Quote: AJGO @ February 17 2012, 10:19 PM GMT

Don't think half a rubber ball or ice-cream cones would fit, although if you know of DD ice-creams please share so I can STUFF MY FACE :)

There isn't a George near me, one of the annoying things about living centrally is none of the supermarkets have enough space for clothing brands. Primark is good for other stuff but not great for bustial support.

DD? No problem. I can send you ones I'm too wide (euphemism for fat) for. :D