The really, really nice wimmins thread Page 4

Quote: Charley @ February 18 2012, 12:03 AM GMT

Coco Channel mademoisell. It smells lurrrrrvely.

Mmm :) I have the Chanel Allure, a very Autumn-y smell

That's a lovely one too.

Quote: AJGO @ February 18 2012, 12:06 AM GMT

Interesting how the same perfume can smell completely different on varying individuals

I kept admiring 'Flowers' on people. Then tried a spray from the Perfume Shop and
felt nauseated within ten minutes.

I couldn't walk round with a rose hanging out my arse. I don't do little thorns.

I can't wear Davidoff Cool Water when I'm seeing one of friends as it was his ex girlfriends' perfume and it brings back memories! So fascinating that a smell can take you back to one person or occasion or time in life

Yea smells are very memorable.

Yes. It galls me that a lot of perfumes of my youth are no longer there, with all the memories.

Old women always smell of violets and scrambled egg. I know the egg is their wee bags but where does the smell of those violet sweeties come from?

Quote: keewik @ February 18 2012, 12:27 AM GMT

Yes. It galls me that a lot of perfumes of my youth are no longer there, with all the memories.

:( Aw! Which?

Quote: Charley @ February 18 2012, 12:28 AM GMT

Old women always smell of violets and scrambled egg. I know the egg is their wee bags but where does the smell of those violet sweeties come from?

Ah, lovely lovely parma violet smell. I'm just waiting to be old enough to be accepted into the old lady community

They were probably cheap stuff which was what I could afford. L'Oregan (Coty) and Hypnotique -can't remember who made it. I'd probably find them nauseating now.

Quote: AJGO @ February 18 2012, 12:30 AM GMT

Ah, lovely lovely parma violet smell. I'm just waiting to be old enough to be accepted into the old lady community

Violet is gorge. I think I've mention here before about all of the benefits of violet flowers.

Fake violet is the work of Satan. It tends to be what the grannies wear. Real violet should have a cream undertone and never smack you in the face at 50 paces no matter how much you wear.

Tuca tuca from Lush is violet and vanilla. It's really nice. I own a shocking amount of scents.

While of the subject of girlie things *sips tea*, does anyone like Etsy?

Etsy looks gorgeous but have never bought anything. I can too easily tell myself vintage stuff is 'an investment' and go mad. My Mum has a Biba shirt I refuse to let her get rid of despite the fact it doesn't fit either of us!

I love vintage I do.
I have my mums suit she wore in the 60's on her wedding day. It is proper fab. Doesn't fit me or her either, but hey ho it is mine, and one day I will be a size 8 again.

It has to be said that this is a really, really nice wimmins thread Lovey

- It is also a tad boring :P *

*Please do not be offended by this comment. It was a joke Angelic

Quote: Bob Hicks @ February 18 2012, 10:53 AM GMT

It is also a tad boring

Indeed. The newly rich mainland Chinese are falling for this shit in a big way. A $53 50ml bottle of Estee Lauder perfume sells for $120 in China. Genuine Hermes handbags and such crap are also almost double-priced in China. One of my Chinese flatmates asked me if I could, on my next trip "to the West", buy her a heap of designer perfumes and handbags. The other Chinese flatmate said she was stupid and superficial for wanting that stuff. No, replied the first, she only plans to re-sell it to gullible rich women for a big profit. Fair enough for French women to buy this stuff - it is their culture. But Asian women are being conned into thinking this sort of crap will make them happier and more popular.