Newsjack - Series 6 Page 14

Quote: Garry Lee @ February 23 2012, 4:08 PM GMT

I am impressed how many get through to the next stage. Most of the stuff I have sent them has been utter shit.

Has anyone here ever sent a 'breast fixated' sketch to Newsjack?

Quote: groovydude89 @ February 23 2012, 4:15 PM GMT

Has anyone here ever sent a 'breast fixated' sketch to Newsjack?

I sent one. It was the tits.

I'm a time saver so I send breast fixated, offensive, not funny, stolen sketches.

I know Gareth Gwynn, he's a lovely man - did a fantastic Edinburgh show a couple years ago... that's enough of me name dropping the stars I know

Quote: blahblah @ February 23 2012, 4:19 PM GMT

I'm a time saver so I send breast fixated, offensive, not funny, stolen sketches.

Careful, Horne and Corden could sue.

I wonder how many sketches make it to the next round?

I hate this time. Of the 100 spam emails I receive a week, 99 of them arrive between 4.30 and 5.30pm on a Thursday.

I wish this incident had taken place before this week's deadline:

Labour MP Eric Joyce is said to have punched several Tory MPs in a fracas just before 11pm last night.

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ February 23 2012, 4:28 PM GMT

I wonder how many sketches make it to the next round?

Judging from the graphic, about 20%.

Quote: blahblah @ February 23 2012, 4:10 PM GMT

6pm? At least I can move from laptop for couple of hours now

They've added a further tweet to say possibly earlier and variable week to week (which is true - emails were received at 5.08 and 5.16 respectively for eps 3 and 4 last series and I recall one week where it was much later and we were all going mad!)

Quote: Timbo @ February 23 2012, 4:42 PM GMT

Judging from the graphic, about 20%.

Yep, which I imagine would be around 400 sketches, I would love to see their knockout process, maybe we can convince them to do a recording of Newsjack

according to their twitter they're only doing one web chat this series so best to get all questions in!

This is the page where the writer's list will be posted - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01c7ttz

Link for webchat tomorrow, as this is traditionally impossible to find tomorrow at 12:59pm. http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4extra/features/newsjack/

Dan