Newsjack - Series 6 Page 13

Yeah, think I can give up waiting for that e-mail...

Quote: groovydude89 @ February 23 2012, 2:00 PM GMT

Damn - it appears as if none of my sketches made it.

Still plenty of chances to get a credit though.

Several people have had more than one sketch/voxpop/whatever on one show, but how many of us are in that exclusive club called:

Given a writer's credit but couldn't work out why after listening to the show

Is it too late for my Abu Qatarda / Petre Andre fear of going back to Jordan joke?

Quote: amarsandhu @ February 23 2012, 12:49 PM GMT

I was supposed to go to last nights recording but couldn't so offered my tickets on Twitter. I asked the guy who took them if he remembered anything and he said the following-

"There was a Masterchef interview sketch and an Abu Qatada diary bit that went down well. There was a 'Jeff Hitler' sketch, a Dragon's Den sketch, a water-saving infomercial, an old fashioned boxing sketch, a bit about a teenager controlling the sound effects, an interview with fashion designers, a report about an unreached tribe and Ryan Giggs, and a Muppets sketch ..."

There are only 10 sketches there though, they have probably recorded more than that.

The only thing that tells us is, if you haven't written any particularly memorable sketches, you're still in with a shot. :P

Considering the number of months which have passed since the superinjunction scandal broke, I find it odd that they've recorded a sketch about Ryan Giggs.

Giggs was 'officially' named in court this last week (might even have been yesterday?), so that's why that's topical again.

Dan

That's the thing with Giggs, people will think he's finished, but he just keeps on going.

Quote: Trabs @ February 23 2012, 2:38 PM GMT

There are only 10 sketches there though, they have probably recorded more than that.

Ha ha ha amazing! I wonder what time it will be this evening. In the interests of hopefully winning something this evening, I'm going to start the ball rolling with 17.08pm....

Not heard anything yet, is it to late now or is there still chance of an email?

Oooh... an Abu Qatada diary Sketch?

I wrote one like that! I assume someone else probably did as well, but I shall cling on to the faint hope it's mine!

Also anyone else suddenly seeing lots of good gags in this unfortunate hell-hole of time that's too late to this weeks show, and to early for next? I've been reduced to filling up my twitter...

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ February 23 2012, 3:09 PM GMT

Not heard anything yet, is it to late now or is there still chance of an email?

I think the e-mails I've got from them in the past were anywhere between 4:30~5ish and about 6:30~7. There's still plenty of time for you to imagine the best, contemplate which joke you think might get on and beat yourself up about not sending that other sketch that absolutely definitely would have been broadcast instead of that clearly unfunny mountain of nonsense you mistakenly thought was amusing on monday...

Writing is no-where near as important as waiting with newsjack.

(People tend to turn up here and announce if they got a success e-mail so you'll find out if you definitely haven't got one then.)

Cheers Hennel,
Nope there is only one sketch that I thought was brilliant and had a good chance of getting on, it just depends if there was another sketch on the same subject that was funnier...

The anxiety is freakin' killing me here!

Just one hour to go now.

Quote: groovydude89 @ February 23 2012, 3:56 PM GMT

Just one hour to go now.

An hour? Try two, at least.

@NewsjackBBC "People asking when we email successful writers: when the edit is finished (some point around 6pm). We can only do so when it's finalised."

Also, I found this.

6pm? At least I can move from laptop for couple of hours now