Red Dwarf X Page 10

Quote: TBone @ September 11 2012, 10:06 AM BST

Fair enough, tongue tied was OK. Danny's got a great voice!

And at first I thought this must be a cover version of a Supremes or Martha & The Vandellas song. But it seems to be an original. Great Motown-spoof! Phil Collins could have covered it on his Motown tribute album and nobody suspect it to be a comedy song.

Ooh, rather promising review of episode 1:

http://www.chortle.co.uk/features/2012/09/11/16122/red_dwarf_x%3A_the_first_look

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 11 2012, 4:29 PM BST

Ooh, rather promising review of episode 1:

http://www.chortle.co.uk/features/2012/09/11/16122/red_dwarf_x%3A_the_first_look

Yummy!

This is a good interview with Doug Naylor about the reasons why 'Back To Earth' didn't quite work as more traditional episodes. Certainly bodes well for the new stuff. http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-09-18/doug-naylor-three-words-to-describe-red-dwarf-x-ill-give-you-four-back-to-its-best

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ September 18 2012, 8:34 PM BST

This is a good interview with Doug Naylor about the reasons why 'Back To Earth' didn't quite work as more traditional episodes. Certainly bodes well for the new stuff. http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-09-18/doug-naylor-three-words-to-describe-red-dwarf-x-ill-give-you-four-back-to-its-best

Dan

Thanks for the link. So, Craig Charles likes curry in his private life...Red Dwarf has autobiographical elements. :D

My hopes have been raised so much I'm worried I'll now feel a little let down when I finally see it! Damn all these great reviews!

No aliens or monsters in the new series?! That disappointed me a bit. I always enjoyed the bizarre monsters or villains that would appear.

I saw the 'weapons' trailer the other day and quite liked that.

Quote: Ben @ September 18 2012, 11:08 PM BST

No aliens or monsters in the new series?! That disappointed me a bit. I always enjoyed the bizarre monsters or villains that would appear.

I saw the 'weapons' trailer the other day and quite liked that.

I thought there were no aliens or monsters in Red Dwarf but everything was in fact some sort of GELF?

Is this getting too geeky?

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ September 19 2012, 11:47 AM BST

I thought there were no aliens or monsters in Red Dwarf but everything was in fact some sort of GELF?

Correct!

And presumably 'yes' is the answer to the second question :)

Dan

I saw the trailer the other day and they all look so old and there was something lacking in the way they spoke to each other. It didn't seem the same.

I'm really tempted to not watch it incase it spoils my memories of Dwarf.

Curiosity will probably get the better of me though. Oh, I really hope it's not bad.

The Dave Weekly podcast has interviews with the cast each week at the moment
Listened to Danny & Robert, Craig & Chris to come presumably.
Somehow, I'm looking forward to this more & more the closer it gets.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 20 2012, 8:51 PM BST

Somehow, I'm looking forward to this more & more the closer it gets.

I'll have to wait for its DVD release. :(

I have watched series 3-6 countless times. I remember watching Red Dwarf in the very early 90's on an old black and white TV in my bedroom and I loved that show. I was only about 8 when I first started watching it and it would have been series III or IV that I saw first. Because I started mid series through, series 1 (which I later caught up with) seemed a bit drab in comparison, I preferred all the space monsters and weird places they found, even the more flamboyant costumes. When I first watched series 7 and 8 in the late 90's, I was definitely unimpressed and haven't watched them until recently where I watched them again on Netflix and actually, they are nowehere near as bad as I remembered. In fact I think they are alwright, okay nowhere near as inventive as Rimmer world and all those classics but I enjoyed watching them.

I feel mixed about X. I love Red Dwarf and it instantly reminds me of my childhood because it was my favourite show, however if it is really bad, it will leave a bad taste, the same way the Star Wars prequels tainted that series for me, and even Only Fools and Horses suffered from the last three specials that it brought out. Also, I hate seeing idols from our youth brought back looking older and tired. Indian Jones IV was terrible for me most of all because Harrison Ford looks like a pensioner who looked like he would have preferred to be sat in a nice home with a blanket on his lap, rather than going to find those stupid bloody aliens (Damn you Lucas, South Park was right)

I've got fingers crossed for Red Dwarf X

Quote: Scott Evans @ September 24 2012, 12:23 AM BST

1)When I first watched series 7 and 8 in the late 90's, I was definitely unimpressed and haven't watched them until recently where I watched them again on Netflix and actually, they are nowehere near as bad as I remembered. In fact I think they are alwright,... I enjoyed watching them.

2)...however if it is really bad, it will leave a bad taste, the same way the Star Wars prequels tainted that series for me...

3)...and even Only Fools and Horses suffered from the last three specials that it brought out.

4.)Indian Jones IV was terrible for me most of all because Harrison Ford looks like a pensioner who looked like he would have preferred to be sat in a nice home with a blanket on his lap, rather than going to find those stupid bloody aliens

5)I've got fingers crossed for Red Dwarf X

1)Completely agree! They weren't horrible.

2)The Star Wars prequel ruined the legacy of the franchise. George Lucas is like an outsider that got the rights for the series but didn't get the essence of it or doesn't care about it and that is strange because he's the father of it.

3)I don't think that the resurrection of OFAH ruined the show. I admit the very last one (Sleepless In Peckham) was shite...a hasty way to bring the show to full circle. But the two episodes before were more than alright imo. Hail to the GARY-gang!!!

4)Indiana Jones IV left me cold. But not because of Harrison Ford but because of the script and presentation. It wasn't warm or exciting. just boring...and hey, even in his heydays Ford seemed tired and a bit lethargic. He was an old man in a young and athletic body. He didn't change that much now that he really is old imo. Still athletic but still not much charisma, but a great sport.

5)Me too!