Stewart Lee Page 13

Still, it's a credit, isn't it?

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ January 28 2011, 3:54 PM GMT

Still, it's a credit, isn't it?

Dan

You just made Chip's day, he'll be off to update his writing C.V.

I noticed my comment coming up on his website when I did an egotistical Google search.

I guess in future I'm going to have to be careful what comments I make on public forums in future.

Quote: chipolata @ January 28 2011, 3:48 PM GMT

Wha...? I like him!

(I just think he looks a bit odd middle-aged! And you, Miss Judgemental, should not be throwing your stones in this particular glass house.)

I've never said nothing bad about no one never.
(No one can decipher a quadruple negative.)

Quote: Tony Cowards @ January 28 2011, 3:55 PM GMT

I noticed my comment coming up on his website when I did an egotistical Google search.

I guess in future I'm going to have to be careful what comments I make on public forums in future.

Maybe you'll have turned him around though, and he'll start doing more gags during his next tour?

Quote: zooo @ January 28 2011, 3:56 PM GMT

I've never said nothing bad about no one never.
(No one can decipher a quadruple negative.)

*waits for Peter Kay newsletter*

Quote: chipolata @ January 28 2011, 3:58 PM GMT

*waits for Peter Kay newsletter*

*The exact same one he put out last Christmas. And the Christmas before that*

I saw a clip of Stewart Lee recently making a gag about how he looks "a bit Chinese".

Anybody else think this is evidence that he's been ripping off Michael McIntyre's material?

bwahahaha!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 28 2011, 3:55 PM GMT

You just made Chip's day, he'll be off to update his writing C.V.

Don't make me set Godot on you. Unimpressed

I'd hate to be battered by words again.

Just read his newsletter and was worried that he hadn't scoured the BCG forums, but then I saw Chip's name and was so happy!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 28 2011, 3:58 PM GMT

*The exact same one he put out last Christmas. And the Christmas before that*

Laughing out loud

Aww, now I wish I was one of the people slagging-off Stew! Just so I'd have a chance of being quoted in his calculatedly faux self-deprecating newsletter. :(

Quote: Tim Walker @ January 28 2011, 11:28 PM GMT

Laughing out loud Aww, now I wish I was one of the people slagging-off Stew! Just so I'd have a chance of being quoted in his calculatedly faux self-deprecating newsletter. :(

Fear not, I hear Tim Dawson is starting a Coming of Age newsletter that will consist entirely of Tim Walker quotes.

New addition to the quotes from Stew's mailing list email:

"Sorry, Something has gone wrong (Error 500). Unfortunately this part of iPlayer has
temporarily stopped working. This will be because there has been an unforeseen
technical error."
BBC iPlayer edition of disussion of Stewart Lee on A Good Read

"I must protest most feverently at the prospect of further wanton waste of the licence
fee on this pile of wank."
Aaron, comedy.co.uk

and this made me laugh most, just because of where it was posted:

"I spent the entire time thinking of how much I want to punch Stewart Lee in the
face instead of laughing. He does have an incredibly punchable face, doesn't he? (I
could just close my eyes, but fantasizing about punching Stewart Lee is still more
fun than sitting in complete, stony silence.) F**king smug-faced c**t."
Pudabaya,
beexcellenttoeachother.com

Dan

Laughing out loud