Bulls Eye. Page 2

Quote: Alan Alexander @ June 13, 2007, 3:06 PM

I'm afraid you are misreading the situation.

or shes just being sarcastic

Good on you hun

mum and dad shagging nasty

i thought it was funny and if you fill in the missing bits using your head its good

When is Alan going to post his work ?

part of me what it to be really rubbish so i can slate the socks of it but knowing my luck it will be good ir will it

Sick Sick Sick

Well, you may be right. I sincerely doubt it, though.
The range of comedy is vast, but not vast enough that such poor writing will succeed.

-as for bottom, I think it's worth noting that, despite the slapstick of the comedy, there was still some actual characterisation involved. We understood the frustrations of the two leads.

Yes but characterisation can be developed can't it? The lines are there to build around.

Quote: David Chapman @ June 13, 2007, 3:23 PM

Yes but characterisation can be developed can't it? The lines are there to build around.

I fundamentally disagree. I believe that without characterisation first, there is nothing. This, I have to say, is not an unusual point of view.

I have just been told, however (in a PM from Leevil) that Charley's writing style is an "in joke", something she does deliberately for chuckles among the BSG gang. If that's the case, I'd advise Charley that the "in joke" is wearing thin.

Alan, if you don't mind the question, what's your writing pedigree?

Quote: Baumski @ June 13, 2007, 3:39 PM

Alan, if you don't mind the question, what your writing pedigree is?

Is that at all relevant? There is nothing in the rules - as far as I know - that says a writer's "pedigree" must be revealed when offering criticism.

Alan dont read my f**king stuff then. Why are you?

In joke?
Is this all a hoax?

Quote: Alan Alexander @ June 13, 2007, 3:42 PM

Is that at all relevant? There is nothing in the rules - as far as I know - that says a writer's "pedigree" must be revealed when offering criticism.

No, absolutely right, but I am surprised that you've come into the BSG with such an angry and defensive attitude which somewhat intrigues.

Quote: charley rance @ June 13, 2007, 3:44 PM

Alan dont read my f**king stuff then. Why are you?

Why are any of us? It's a big question.

PS - please don't be so aggressive.

Best wishes.

Quote: Baumski @ June 13, 2007, 3:46 PM

No, absolutely right, but I am surprised that you've come into the BSG with such an angry and defensive attitude which somewhat intrigues.

I'm neither angry not defensive. I offered honest opinions in the critique forum. I am sorry if you feel I am angry. I am actually quite happy. I have a diet cherry coke and deal or no deal's on in half an hour.

Quote: Alan Alexander @ June 13, 2007, 3:37 PM

I fundamentally disagree. I believe that without characterisation first, there is nothing. This, I have to say, is not an unusual point of view.

So if she writes up the chartacters in detail first would that get round it? You don't know surely who will actually play the part and sometimes tthey will add part of themselves.

Quote: Alan Alexander @ June 13, 2007, 3:49 PM

Why are any of us? It's a big question.

PS - please don't be so aggressive.

Best wishes.

I'm neither angry not defensive. I offered honest opinions in the critique forum. I am sorry if you feel I am angry. I am actually quite happy. I have a diet cherry coke and deal or no deal's on in half an hour.

Atleast I have the bollox to post my little sketches. You are so obsessed with reading and commenting on my stuff It's weird. You sent me a PM ages ago stating that you would cease to comment on my sketches. Yet the pull of them was to great for you.

Surely, characters are revealed by what they say and do.
A character should not need 'writing up'.

Quote: charley rance @ June 13, 2007, 4:03 PM

Atleast I have the bollox to post my little sketches. You are so obsessed with reading and commenting on my stuff It's weird. You sent me a PM ages ago stating that you would cease to comment on my sketches. Yet the pull of them was to great for you.

Please calm down.

OK everyone - I think both sides of the argument have now been made so now is the time to let this go as you're clearly not going to agree.