Seinfeld Page 3

Curb and Larry Sanders were different models though. Curb and Sanders both worked because predominantly they were 'real', in other words, no studio audience, no forced lines. In both these shows you didn't have to be funny all the time. because the product was strong enough to go a couple of minutes without a big gaffaw.

Seinfeld was different because it (almost contractually) had to havea funny line in every four. I liked Seinfeld, but it hasn't aged fantastically well. Except perhaps for the Kramer bits...random madness is ageless, it appears.

Also Curb and Sanders had looser boundaries, being HBO and not being bound so much into the whole affiliate scheme the US is obsessed with. It's amazing we have had so many good shows, given there are people who are offended by anything in the US and the companies go out of their way to avoid any offence.

There's a scene in Family Guy where they start censoring everything, and the claim is they have had twenty calls and "as you know, gentlemen, one call represents a billion viewers. We've had twenty billion complaints"

There's more thana shade of truth in that

Ed thats what I said but in a heck of alot more detail :)

I think Seinfeld has aged well, a lot of the topics are still relevant to everyday life now.

There's a crazy seinfeld comp at 4laughs this week. And 'cause I ain't even seen the show I can't go in for it, curses. Why couldn't they have a comp on fantasies about Melanie C?

Quote: Martin Holmes @ June 12, 2007, 12:28 PM

I think Seinfeld has aged well, a lot of the topics are still relevant to everyday life now.

I think Elaine has aged well ;)

I concur

Quote: ajp29 @ June 12, 2007, 3:04 AM

Ed thats what I said but in a heck of alot more detail :)

It was about rhee in the morning. I had just finished my worrk about five hours ago. Boyzone was playing on the radio. I had to vent. lol

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ June 12, 2007, 1:31 PM

There's a crazy seinfeld comp at 4laughs this week. And 'cause I ain't even seen the show I can't go in for it, curses. Why couldn't they have a comp on fantasies about Melanie C?

Laughing out loud

Ah Elaine, how could they have 'the contest' when she was about? Haven't seen her new stuff yet but saw her on SNL the other week.

Lol. What a great episode.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 10, 2007, 7:27 PM

'Believe it or not, George isnt at home; where could he be?'

Oh god, I had that on mp3 once, where has it gone? Angry

George is a legend guaranteed a laugh Jerry's voice is grating on my nerves a bit but Kramer comes and saves the day Huzzah!!!!

I always liked George, Jerry and Elaine more than Kramer.

Quote: zooo @ June 12, 2007, 8:14 PM

I always liked George, Jerry and Elaine more than Kramer.

Looks like they're on sale everywhere.

Amazon also have "save £5 when you buy two DVD box sets".

Season 1 & 2
£9.97
See Amazon product listing

Season 3
£11.97

Seasons 1 - 3
£29.98

Season 4
£11.97

Season 5
£11.97

Season 6
£11.97

Seasons 5 & 6
£25.98

Season 7
£11.97

Season 7 (with limited edition JS standup CD)
£27.99

Season 8
£26.98

Enjoy!