Seinfeld Page 13

Just going back to Bee Movie and mention of Jerry's Larry King interview recently. Larry King is in Bee Movie and Jerry's bee has an interview with him in the exact way Jerry did. The two don't really hit it off and the bee calls Larry, something along the lines of skinny etc.

Would the real interview have taken place after this movie was done or before? Because one has surely influenced the other.

Blackadder.

Quote: Jason Kindred @ December 18, 2007, 10:50 AM

Martin: Listen, I'm not saying Jerry Seinfeld isn't a nice guy. He actually does seem like a decent fellow. You can be smug and pleased with yourself, and still be nice. They aren't mutually exclusive. And, he's got a lot to be smug about. Seinfeld is a major achievement, and quietly subversive in it's own way... However, his abilities as an actor are limited. And the character he played in Seinfeld is largely himself (it certainly doesn't seem that different from his persona on chat shows, etc). I'm just pointing out that I warmed to George Costanza and Kramer as characters, wheras Jerry left me cold. Elaine also left me cold.

And before you say that was the point, I understand that the point of the show is that these weren't likeable characters, but that doesn't mean you can't like them. Comedy is filled with creations who we shouldn't like but do.

Oh I totally agree that George and Kramer were more likable and definitely the best characters, but I was saying that Jerry was also needed to play the straight man so those characters had somebody to play off. Jerry can't act very well no, he never was or really wanted to be an actor. I personally love all the characters in Seinfeld, especially some of the supporting characters like Newman and Puddy. :)

I was watching The Soup Nazi episode last night. He was a great character too.

Jackie Chiles

Wow! Nobody's talked about Seinfeld all year.

I've just watched 'The Abstinence' from season 8. Absolutely brilliant!

We have. Just not in this thread. ;)

This is excellent.

:D

"Now if you don't mind I have to go and fill my fridge with my own blood."

I just nearly choked on a piece of toast when I heard that! One more episode and maybe I'll do something constructive.

Best-sitcom-ever. (IMO)

Quote: Wildjesusfishkid @ June 11 2007, 6:16 PM BST

Seinfeld is cool but a little cheesey.

It's as far from cheesy as you can get.

George <3

"George is getting frustrated!"

Seinfeld is a true great, there's only two, possibly three sitcoms that I'd rate on the same level. I always much prefered it to more widespread lauded American ones like Friends and Frasier (I hated Friends, Frasier was OK) and Cheers (which was a very fine show itself).

AD is my 2nd fave American show, and I love Curb Your Enthusiasm, M...WC and Fresh Prince.. too. Those are all excellent and just a notch below Seinfeld. Seinfeld, barring some weaker episodes on the first two series' and the finale on the last was a consistently brilliant show. Series 5, 8 and 4 being my faves, though most are great. George and Kramer are definitely the best characters, George in particular is genius. Fave minor characters would be Newman and Kruger is fantastic too. The show just benefits from having such a variety and depth of characters beyond the main cast, which is one of the best ever anyway.

My fave all-time episode is probably "The Seven" or "The opposite" - I still crack up when George says "Nothing's ever worked out for me with tuna on toast" then orders a completely different dish, then he goes up to the girl: "My name is George, I'm unemployed and I live with my parents". Too many great episodes to mention, it maintained a fantastic standard throughout which is testimony given the fact it ran for 9 seasons: not a lot of shows at all can manage that level of consistency over such a period. Post Larry David it held up very well indeed, infact a fair amount of my fave episodes are from season 8 (the most underrated of all the seasons) and 9.

Jerry Seinfeld is returning to television on NBC - in a reality show. Sick

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/02/jerry-seinfeld-nbc-reality-series.html

Quote: DaButt @ February 26 2009, 1:11 PM GMT

Jerry Seinfeld is returning to television on NBC - in a reality show. Sick

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/02/jerry-seinfeld-nbc-reality-series.html

Oh dear...

Can't they just do Seinfeldvision?