Sitcom Trials Manchester 2011 - scripts invited Page 4

One script in, just need to get the second one done now.

Kev - When's the voting begin?

In response to off-group question:

"Forgive my blondeness (!) on this one.

"I have submitted an entry for the 2011 Trials - called MATES RATES. I have also successfully signed up and been approved etc. I am just not able to vote for the other three entries so far nor can I see any way for folk to vote for/against mine.

"Is it me? Sorry to be confused (!)"

Voting's not set up yet. Bear with.

Meanwhile, a month to get those scripts in.

Kev F http://sitcomtrials.co.uk

Good news about Gill Isles coming to the reading. The venue also looks really cool. Should be a great night.

Have you read any of the entries, Kev? Quite a variety of styles, and more scripts still to come.

have been clubbed over the head and persuaded to enter.

has vote canvassing started yet?

Voting and reviewing has yet to begin. To be honest, because there hasn't been a deluge of scripts yet, I've held back on that bit. But as soon as we have enough scripts to make it interesting, we'll be able to start reading, reviewing and voting on the scripts in contention.

Kev F http://sitcomtrials.co.uk

Still don't see how that's going to work out. As we're all in competition, each entrant has a motivation to vote "no" to the other entries. Why vote "yes" to someone who is going to be competing against you?

I'm sure we're all honest people and will vote accordingly, but even so it does seem that the system is turning off people from enterting. Young Mr Christian above, for example, had to be clubbed over the head before taking the plunge!

The voting system worked well for the country didn't it?

Quote: Marc P @ May 25 2011, 11:34 AM BST

The voting system worked well for the country didn't it?

Which country?

The country of the United Kingdom.

Quote: Marc P @ May 25 2011, 11:58 AM BST

The country of the United Kingdom.

The UK isn't a country, though it's treated as such in the Eurovision Song Contest, which, of course, has a wonderful voting system.

Sorry the Country of Britain then.

No, upon doing some fact checking it seems you were right the first time. The United Kingdom is a country in its own right! I sit down corrected.

As you were :)

So, I still don't see how this voting thing will work. Whistling nnocently

I hope the voting begins pretty soon. I'm off to foreign climes on Monday and certainly won't be thinking about popping onto Yahoo Groups to vote on sitcom scripts whilst I'm lounging around a lake with a beer in hand!