General, General Thread Page 2,741

http://www.londonfencingclub.co.uk/?gclid=CLyqv6SPjMsCFfEV0wodMUcHHw

Perfect!

Next month I am going to see, John Cleese and Eric Idle. I am pretty sure some here have seen one or the other on stage. What did you think? My expectation is laughing until I hurt.

Rory McIlroy...or Krusty The Clown without make up?

There is something very weird looking about him

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/ea3b20a8-69cb-41fe-a621-dfb21cc35c97?ns_campaign=bbc-three&ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=bbc-link-shortener&ns_linkname=ea3b20a8-69cb-41fe-a621-dfb21cc35c97

Crazy, crazy bastard! Eddie, you're my hero!

Can anybody shed light on this?

Yesterday I did that rare thing (for me) of going into town on the train. Because I don't normally travel like that, I don't know the prices, so I had to scrabble about for the right money to give the woman. She kept pointing at a coin and saying 'That's a coin. That's a coin.' I'm thinking, 'Of course it is - they're all bloody coins,' until finally I realised she meant it was a foreign coin. Today I examined it - queen's head on one side and a picture of a tower on the other. It's an Isle of Man ten pence piece.

I had a similar experience a couple of years ago in Morrison's when the girl wouldn't accept an Isle of Man pound coin.

So tell me - is it a fact that we don't recognise Isle of Man money? I don't ever remember hearing from people that they had to change their currency to go there on holiday.

They probably accept ours but we don't accept theirs? Possibly.

When I worked in a shop I never saw Isle of Man money, but fairly often people defensively shouted IT'S LEGAL TENDER at me while handing me Scottish notes.

Quote: zooo @ 11th March 2016, 3:00 PM GMT

When I worked in a shop I never saw Isle of Man money, but fairly often people defensively shouted IT'S LEGAL TENDER at me while handing me Scottish notes.

That's an ongoing problem. If we go to England we usually make sure to get English banknotes first, to avoid hassle.

It's weird that English people would have a problem with Scottish money and vice-versa. They're all worth the same amount, no?

Ten years ago someone at Heathrow refused to take my daughter's five pound note because it was "old and expired." American currency is always legal tender. A few weeks ago I received a 1910 penny as change.

Quote: zooo @ 11th March 2016, 3:00 PM GMT

Laughing out loud Too true!

Can someone try to explain to me what Hobnobs taste like? Are they just a plain sweet biscuit or do have some flavour like ginger? Have found a recipe that makes a base from a packet of hobnobs. You can buy them here but I can't eat them so trying to work out what to use as alternative?

Just sweet and very oaty, I think.

Quote: zooo @ 13th March 2016, 1:04 AM GMT

Just sweet and very oaty, I think.

Yes

Quote: reds @ 13th March 2016, 12:59 AM GMT

Can someone try to explain to me what Hobnobs taste like? Are they just a plain sweet biscuit or do have some flavour like ginger? Have found a recipe that makes a base from a packet of hobnobs. You can buy them here but I can't eat them so trying to work out what to use as alternative?

There are plenty of oat base recipes ont'internet, or is it that you are allergic to oats? :O