General, General Thread Page 2,736

:S OOH feel ill!..hate burgers and stuff

And talking about hair (well somebody was) can anybody tell me what the cult of the 'Turkish Barber' is? I keep seeing these signs advertising 'Turkish Barber'. How is that different from an ordinary one?

*waits with bated breath to be enlightened*

They are a delight apparently. :P

But what are they?

Well it seems my "joke" wasn't far off as it happens keewik, as I have made further enquiries via my son who uses a Turkish barber, and in fact went to have his haircut there yesterday.

It is more of an "event" than a regular haircut as for £11 you get half an hour of "treatment" as to say £7 - £10 for a British barber who will just cut your hair in about 10/15 minutes.

On top of the haircut they will razor the back of the neck etc., trim your eyebrows and singe extraneous hair in the ears etc. This is all finished off with a hot towel over the face making for, I suppose, a totally relaxed visit.

So now I know. Ta. :)

I went to one in my local town the other week - as you say, it's an event.

It was Sunday morning and nothing was open but I noticed the 'new' Turkish barbers was.

Needing a cut, in I trotted. (I just wanted a trim)

They only had two prices and two services. Standard or Special.

The barber said 'today we are giving Special for price of Standard.

To be honest, I got a bit nervous. There were two of them and the second one was sharpening a 'cut throat' on a strop.

He wheeled me over to the sink and put my head in the hot water face first. Pulled me back out and put shampoo on my hair - then back in face first again.
This was repeated but on the next dip his hands washed my whole head. Fingers in my lugholes and up my nostrils....

He never asked 'how I wanted it' just straight into the cut - as fast as lightening.
Then the scolding hot towel round my chin and while that was working, the ear and nostril hair plucking was going on.

It was the first time I had ever had a shave at the barbers and never with a cut throat before. He was grabbing my face and swishing the blade about in a maniacal fashion.

Finally something was rubbed into my hair and a gallon of aftershave slapped on me mush.

I came out feeling absolutely grand, rock hard hair and smelling like.... well, I'll leave that up to you.

Have a go, it's a treat.

Sounds like an assault.

So what's the latest position regarding multiple posters?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 5th August 2015, 10:21 AM BST

I went to one in my local town the other week - as you say, it's an event.

It was Sunday morning and nothing was open but I noticed the 'new' Turkish barbers was.

Needing a cut, in I trotted. (I just wanted a trim)

They only had two prices and two services. Standard or Special.

The barber said 'today we are giving Special for price of Standard.

To be honest, I got a bit nervous. There were two of them and the second one was sharpening a 'cut throat' on a strop.

He wheeled me over to the sink and put my head in the hot water face first. Pulled me back out and put shampoo on my hair - then back in face first again.
This was repeated but on the next dip his hands washed my whole head. Fingers in my lugholes and up my nostrils....

He never asked 'how I wanted it' just straight into the cut - as fast as lightening.
Then the scolding hot towel round my chin and while that was working, the ear and nostril hair plucking was going on.

It was the first time I had ever had a shave at the barbers and never with a cut throat before. He was grabbing my face and swishing the blade about in a maniacal fashion.

Finally something was rubbed into my hair and a gallon of aftershave slapped on me mush.

I came out feeling absolutely grand, rock hard hair and smelling like.... well, I'll leave that up to you.

Have a go, it's a treat.

Nice story. I have recently been a few times to a Turkish barber and might give it a try. Have to go to that sort of place - Italian, Cypriot etc - as the British don't know what to do with my facial features. The only thing is that delightful as they are to me - my new Turkish friends - I am aware that they often put glue in the locks of the Cypriot woman's establishment. She's cool and I feel terrible for going over to the enemy but they are a lot cheaper between Monday and Thursday.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 5th August 2015, 7:49 PM BST

I am aware that they often put glue in the locks of the Cypriot woman's establishment.

Is that some form of contraception?

Quote: Chappers @ 5th August 2015, 8:14 PM BST

Is that some form of contraception?

:D :D :D

I need zooo's expertise:

Are these dinosaurs or horses?

Laughing out loud

I would say horses. The two on the left are so excited their sex manes are standing on end.

Quote: zooo @ 18th August 2015, 11:18 AM BST

Laughing out loud

I would say horses. The two on the left are so excited their sex manes are standing on end.

Well, you know, initially I wanted to draw footballers' behaviour after a goal but it has turned out this way in the end.