That Friday Quiz Page 118

Is that Jenny Agutter in the picture in 19.?

Is 4 Sauerkraut?

Looks more like a wrap to me.

Yes that's Jenny Agguter
I haven't looked at the answers yet

Hey I may even play, unless all the easy ones are gone already

I've got the anagram one

20. Scott - Amundsen

19. In a desert?

Quote: JohnnyD @ 15th July 2014, 4:46 PM BST

19. In a desert?

That is Thatcher's son isn't it? And the Little Prince?

America had been through the desert on a horse...

Jenny Agutter went Walkabout in the Australian desert

Mark Thatcher got lost driving in the desert

And The Little Prince landed in the desert (or something like that)

Quote: JohnnyD @ 15th July 2014, 9:43 PM BST

America had been through the desert on a horse...

Clever!

with no name.

Steve Me Old Mucka have we got one this week?.

Yes

I may pop one up later today

Friday Quiz May 30th 2014
1.Which children's cartoon show was first broadcast in the UK 10 years ago tomorrow? Peppa Pig
2.According to a recent study, which island nation has the highest proportion of overweight peple of any country in the world? Tonga
3.Most English translations of the Bible begin with which three words? "In the beginning..."
4.What is this? Waldorf salad

5.What is the name of the chalk headland, situated near Eastbourne, which is one of the highest cliffs on the South Coast of England? Beachy Head
6.What name is given to the male reproductive part of a plant where pollen is produced, consisting of the anther and the filament? Stamen
7.A white heart-shaped face and an eerie shriek are distinguishing features of which owl? Barn owl
8.If a French dish contains onions as a principal ingredient, what word is often used in describing it? Lyonnaise
9.What links these pictures? Grace Kelly (recently played by Nicole Kidman, and also the name of a hit by Mika)

10.Name the film. Tangled

11.What name is given to any of the group of twenty organic molecules that are the basic building blocks of proteins? Amino acid
12.In mathematics, what is represented by a symbol resembling a figure of eight, lying on its side? Infinity
13.Who is this ? Foreign correspondent Orla Guerin
14.What name was given by Westerners to members of a sect founded in what is now Turkey, because they chanted their ritual prayers with musical accompaniment, while spinning on one foot? Whirling dervish
15.What common five-letter word, when written in capitals, looks the same when viewed upside down (180 degree rotation)? SWIMS
16.Which term for an expert in a particular field, especially one called on to explain the subject to the general public, comes from the Sanskrit for 'learned'? Pundit
17.Which term for the band of colour formed when a beam of visible light is split into its constituent wavelengths was first coined in the 1670s? Spectrum
18. Neil, Sam and Michael have a race. Sam can run at 5mph but soon tires. After 2 mins of running he has to walk at 1mph for the next 3 mins before running again. Michael can run continuously at 4mph, but has a habit of swerving back and forth. So for every 3 feet he runs he only actually advances 2 feet. Neil can run straight and continuous at 2mph. Which of the three won their race over 1 mile? Sam won the race in 21min 36 secs

19.What links these pictures: All lost / stranded in the desert. America were 'in the desert with a horse with no name' in the 1970s; the Little Prince was stranded in the desert; Mark Thatcher famously got lost in the desert; Jenny Agutter was lost in the Australian desert in Walkabout)

20.Unscramble the two rivals: A C D E M N N O S S T T U AMUNDSEN & SCOTT

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 17th July 2014, 4:36 PM BST

I may pop one up later today

Lucky devil.

Quote: george roper @ 17th July 2014, 3:39 PM BST

Steve Me Old Mucka have we got one this week?.

One? We already had about five. Steve's spoiling us.