What are you listening to now? Page 1,146

Talking book by Stevie Wonder

Listening to The Best Prog Rock album in the world ever. One of those 3 CD compilations - quite interesting in fact - with a pseudo Roger Dean cover.

Just heard Rare Bird's Sympathy which I have as a single (ex jukebox) and now A Salty Dog by Procul Harum. I got it a couple of quid before Virgin closed down.

In Every Dream home a Heartache - Roxy Music. I would not have labelled this is Prog but for its time it was hardly mainstream.

"I blew up your body ..... but you blew my mind!"

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd September 2014, 8:23 PM BST

In Every Dream home a Heartache - Roxy Music. I would not have labelled this is Prog but for its time it was hardly mainstream.

"I blew up your body ..... but you blew my mind!"

There are not a lot of Roxy songs I'd call prog...A Song For Europe or Bittersweet would be two.

Mumps by Hatfield and the North. One of those bands that I knew about in the early 70s but never heard anything by. Very good.

Now one for you Gordon. CD3 track 1 - Peaches en Regalia - Frank Zappa. (Was this not the Mothers?)

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd September 2014, 9:06 PM BST

(Was this not the Mothers?)

Peaches En Regalia (a great track!) is from Zappa's second solo album Hot Rats.

I knew you'd know.Hot Rats I remeber but again I didn't have any of his stuff. I want to find the Mothers Live at the Filmore. I haven;t heard that since I was at school.

This really is an interesting album. I was always into Yes, ELP, ELO, Curved Air, Focus, Deep Purple, Be-Bop Deluxe and some of King Crimson but now I'm listening to Egg. Also to come Greenslade, Gentle Giant, Camel. Now Robert Wyatt with Matching Mole - O Caroline.

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd September 2014, 9:35 PM BST

I want to find the Mothers Live at the Filmore. I haven;t heard that since I was at school.

A good one...from the phase when Volman & Kaylan (from The Turtles) where members of the Mothers. They even sing their own Happy Together on that album.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 2nd September 2014, 9:41 PM BST

A good one...from the phase when Volman & Kaylan (from The Turtles) where members of the Mothers. They even sing their own Happy Together on that album.

I remember it well. Must be on YouTube = plus Bwana Dick.

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd September 2014, 9:35 PM BST

... to come Greenslade, Gentle Giant ...

Coincidentally, I was listening to the first Greenslade album yesterday.

Proper British Prog!

Roger Dean sleeve, lots of noodling keyboards, dodgy lyrics, no catchy tunes, etc.

Deana Carter - Did I Shave My Legs For This?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzWOa8loCDI

Judy Dyble - Grey October Day

Quote: The Cool Mikado @ 4th September 2014, 5:21 PM BST

I like it. :)

Quote: A Horseradish @ 3rd September 2014, 2:08 PM BST

Deana Carter - Did I Shave My Legs For This?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzWOa8loCDI

*thumbs up*

Quote: The Cool Mikado @ 4th September 2014, 5:21 PM BST

Inspired me to dig out this classic: Giles,Giles & Fripp feat. Judy Dyble - I Talk to the Wind

Whitney Houston - It's Not Right But It's Okay

Madonna - True Blue

U2-With Or Without You

Carpenters-Close To You