Him & Her - Series 1 Page 4

A crude and tasteless steaming turd of a show.

It says a lot when most comical moment was when the toaster didn't go down because it wasn't plugged in. Is this what passes for comedy these days?

I literally had a grimace on my face for nearly the entire time it was on.

The acting was competent enough but the writers and whoever commissioned this show should hang your heads in shame (presumably while you're on the toilet grunting out a poo).

But I guess there must be a demand for this type of crapola. It's cheap to make and easy to write so I guess we'll see more of this stuff from BBC Three.

The only pin pricks of light in an otherwise deep, dark orifice were that the 'Her' was quite fit and the bearded neighbour character showed some promise.

You'll have to excuse me, I feel all sullied after watching H&H and have to go now and watch some worthwhile comedy to try and rid it from my memory.

I quite liked it. Not super funny but slightly amusing & well acted. Knew the spider would die. Knew the guy would get found out about the spice girl. Knew him would not get to watch her with the vibrator so a little obvious. Otherwise good. I will watch it again.

It made Coming of Age look sophisticated... I sort of half-liked it, especially when the sister arrived. Seeing "her" on the loo reminded me of Christopher Matthew's Diary of a Somebody, when Simon Crisp remarks something like he supposes there will come a time when TV starts showing people sitting on the toilet for entertainment...

I have mixed feelings about this. I kind of enjoyed it but found the characters faily grating. I did like Her cheeky face when she popped one out though.

Quote: James Cohen @ September 9 2010, 5:26 PM BST

Yeah I must get round to watching this.

What a hateful, unpleasant, horrible, grim-looking, badly written and totally unfunny waste of time, money, effort to watch and effort to produce. Jokes about the Spice Girls - presumably, future episodes will refer to Tamagochis and Dusty Bin.

Characters you couldn't possibly like or care about; a male lead whose face needs a knife in it and a Stephen Merchant tribute act in a beard.

If it wasn't for the female lead in her underpants there's no way I'd be watching this next week.

Edited by Aaron.

Quote: James Cohen @ September 9 2010, 5:26 PM BST

Fighting fire with fire there!

Quote: Damn His Duckpond @ September 10 2010, 3:07 PM BST

a male lead whoes face needs a knife in it

If it wasn't for the female lead in her underpants there's no way I'd be watching this next week.

Always nice to see such depth and lack of shallow judgement in a review...

I believe that's what them in Sitcom Writing Land call "the hook".

a male lead who's face needs a knife it

Also: eh?

Maybe he means a make up spachelor.

Bit of a rollercoaster for me...Wasn't really looking forward to it cos I'm not in the 20-something demographic and have grown out of poo-jokes (mostly - but if you're gonna do 'em, make 'em funny).

Then found out it was written by Stefan Gola-thingy (I love The Cowards radio stuff!) so expected a bit more.

I quite enjoyed the first 10 minutes in a younger/sexier/filthier 'Roger & Val' sort of way. Then got a bit bored - I think because the jokes weren't great, and the only noteworthy things in it happened to people who turned up in the last 6 or 7 minutes.

I think I'll give the series a go though because it was reasonably entertaining and apparently Russell Tovey's been on twitter to say it gets better.

I also really liked the neighbour.

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 7 2010, 2:31 PM BST

I also very much liked the neighbour character.

Joe Wilkinson, a very funny stand up.

As for the show, watched 10-15 minutes and decided it was, very much, not for me.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 7 2010, 8:37 AM BST

Only caught the first five or ten minutes, but there was a lot of crude stuff, and sex bits and pieces, crammed into that five or ten minutes. Will watch the whole thing later. I liked the guy with the beard.

This one just isn't for me. I tried to watch a bit more, but there was just more poo talk, cock size talk, dancing cocks, picking tissue paper off his foreskin, then trying to get his girlfriend to sniff his fingers, all within a couple of minutes; just not to my taste all that really.

I'm enjoying this crude comedy. Laughing out loud