Him & Her - Series 1

I'll give this a whirl, but I'm starting to get tired of all these high-concept sitcoms (Roger and Val, Grandma's House) that seem to pride themselves on having the fewest number of sets and characters possible.

What an anti-climax!

I think it looks interesting, from the adverts. I suppose it could end up a younger version of Roger & Val though.

Her's too attractive for Him.

Is she?
Bit of a smelly dirty cow though. ;)

I thought that was good. Nothing happened and yet it was still watchable and entertaining. AhemRoger&Valtakenote.

Quote: zooo @ September 6 2010, 11:03 PM BST

Is she?

Pretty much, although her chin juts out a bit. The show? Watchablish, not sure if it's appointment TV.

If she'd been going out with the man upstairs, then I could get onboard.
I think her and him are reasonably well matched though.

I liked it, but then again it had Russell Tovey in his boxers.

Only bit I didn't like was having to hear her have a shit. Very bad mannered to have that on TV, almost on the same par as having to watch people scoffing food on TV. Just plain rude.

I did like the spider, it's exactly what I do. Also there's been many a time where I've pressed the toaster down only to realise that I forgot to switch it on.

Nice job. First few lines ("BJ") did a good job of announcing the show's arrival and overall POV. Agree with those who see this a young folks' Roger & Val or (wrt sitting on the shitter on national TV) Royle Family. Don't think we'll see a lot of profound insights, but I'm intrigued enough to follow along. Characters felt lived-in. I also liked the "switch on the toaster" bit - shades of me in Cardiff circa 1992 :)

Really liked it. Well acted, good lines, nice attention to detail.

Absolute rubbish. Like a sixth form play. There are literally hundreds of thousands of people who can write like this - neither well, nor awfully. It simply shouldn't be on TV.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ September 7 2010, 1:52 AM BST

There are literally hundreds of thousands of people who can write like this

On ye go then.

Only caught the first five or ten minutes, but there was a lot of crude stuff, and sex bits and pieces, crammed into that five or ten minutes. Will watch the whole thing later. I liked the guy with the beard.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ September 7 2010, 1:52 AM BST

Absolute rubbish. Like a sixth form play. There are literally hundreds of thousands of people who can write like this - neither well, nor awfully. It simply shouldn't be on TV.

Agree on this. It was utterly dire.