Him & Her - Series 1 Page 3

Quote: chipolata @ September 7 2010, 3:19 PM BST

I hope Alfred Kipper doesn't find out. That name sounds awfully minority.

Yep. Nice and scapegoaty.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ September 7 2010, 3:15 PM BST

Stefan Golaszewski. That's what it says on the guide on this site.

He's one of the writer-performers of the excellent Cowards, I believe.

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/reviews/him-her-1-1-the-toast.php

They're not really that obsessed with film then, are they? Certainly not to the degree that they should boast about having this (somewhat niche, I imagine) disorder.

Quote: chipolata @ September 7 2010, 3:19 PM BST

I hope Alfred Kipper doesn't find out. That name sounds awfully minority.

Laughing out loud

Anyway. I enjoyed it. A good example of how it is possible to shoot a realistic sitcom in real-time and not make it dull, dragging, or unfunny.

I watched this on iPlayer before.

I shan't be watching it again... I just don't care for it at all. :)

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 7 2010, 3:00 PM BST

It's good to see BBC Three trying something different in their sitcom output.

It was like an episode of Two Pints shot by a film school graduate who had gone through the script with a red pen cutting out all the jokes.

I liked this more than I expected, I thought the sister was the best character.

Apparently it is the most watched sitcom debut ever on BBC Three. Didn't expect that.

http://bluenunblog.wordpress.com/2010/09/07/him-and-her-breaks-bbc-threes-ratings-record/

Quote: Blue Nun Blog @ September 7 2010, 11:31 PM BST

http://bluenunblog.wordpress.com/2010/09/07/him-and-her-breaks-bbc-threes-ratings-record/

For the record, Simon Pegg doesn't run/own Big Talk Productions, that honour falls to producers Nira Park and Matthew Justice, who founded it. :)

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ September 7 2010, 12:24 PM BST

If I want a slice of real life for half an hour, I simply go next door and watch the couple argue.

They've also got a Christmas Special planned where I go round there and watch them eat their turkey.

I do find increasingly that the characters depicted in comedy programmes are less a source of amusement to me than the people I meet in real life.

I could only stand 10 minutes before switching off.

Elliot and I watched it and quite enjoyed it! He said that he'd let me eat the dropped toast and laugh at me afterwards, so I guess it's accurate to a point, too. I just thought it seemed really natural. Even having seen Russel Tovey in so many other things, I didn't get distracted and keep thinking of him being a werewolf or any other roles he's taken, as I am sometimes won't to do when I've seen actors in lots of things. Easy and enjoyable, even if it's not genius.

I did think of him being a werewolf once, I couldn't help it. :)

He used to be a werewolf but he's in a niche so called sitcom aimed at 20somethings (which at the moment seems to be polarsing opinion although it did get higher than average viewing figures) nowoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.