Him & Her - Series 1 Page 2

Every toaster I've ever owned refused to lock in the down position unless the power was on.

I thought it was OK, there was one line that cracked me up. Can't remember which one though. I will watch it again, although I am getting bored of these sitcoms with no real story lines. But they are well observed and an incite into how real people live so they're obviously very clever and hilarious... Or something like that.

Hello, I'm Ben. First post.

If I want a slice of real life for half an hour, I simply go next door and watch the couple argue.

They've also got a Christmas Special planned where I go round there and watch them eat their turkey.

I also very much liked the neighbour character.

'Him & Her' themselves just reminded me how insufferably smug and irritating young couples in love actually are. That's probably my own blind prejudice showing through though and Da Kidz will most likely love this show. Good writing and strong performances. :)

I found them irritating too. And slothlike, and dirty.

But the show was still quite good.

Quote: zooo @ September 7 2010, 2:41 PM BST

I found them irritating too. And slothlike, and dirty.

And this from Aaron's other half... ;)

The wallowing in filth reminded me of a lightweight Martin Amis.

Quote: chipolata @ September 7 2010, 2:47 PM BST

The wallowing in filth reminded me of a lightweight Martin Amis.

The absence of any unrequited sexual tension reminded me of an inverse Kazuo Ishiguro.

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 7 2010, 2:47 PM BST

And this from Aaron's other half... ;)

Oi!

So, was the arachnid real or CGI? Cos I didn't really want to look too close.

Quote: Afinkawan @ September 7 2010, 11:27 AM BST

Every toaster I've ever owned refused to lock in the down position unless the power was on.

There's a very simple health & safety reason for this, I think. Maybe not switching off the toaster at the mains is a solution to this happiness-blighting problem? I'm just throwing that one out there, don't judge me...!

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 7 2010, 2:48 PM BST

The absence of any unrequited sexual tension reminded me of an inverse Kazuo Ishiguro.

*sharpens knife ready for Tim's episode of The King Is Dead* ;)

Quote: chipolata @ September 7 2010, 2:56 PM BST

*sharpens knife ready for Tim's episode of The King Is Dead* ;)

None of them are my episode, I was merely paid to write a few gags at the 11th hour by a very kind producer friend. My involvement in the show is therefore minuscule compared with everyone else, including the other writers. (I'm taking the concentration-camp-guard-at-the-fag-end-of-WWII-line on this one. Unless you interpret that as disloyal, in which case I'm absolutely not.)

And back on topic... It's good to see BBC Three trying something different in their sitcom output.

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 7 2010, 3:00 PM BST

None of them are my episode, I was merely paid to write a few gags at the 11th hour by a very kind producer friend. My involvement in the show is therefore minuscule compared with everyone else, including the other writers.

Too late! I already think of it as Tim Walker's The King Is Dead! And talking of auters, who wrote H & H?

Quote: chipolata @ September 7 2010, 3:13 PM BST

And talking of auters, who wrote H & H?

Stefan Golaszewski. That's what it says on the guide on this site.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ September 7 2010, 3:15 PM BST

Stefan Golaszewski.

I hope Alfred Kipper doesn't find out. That name sounds awfully minority.