Female comedians Page 30

I'm a female stand up. And I'm funny. So f**k off.

Quote: FOLady @ September 7 2011, 8:09 AM BST

I'm a female stand up. And I'm funny. So f**k off.

Not to mention charming.

Quote: David Bussell @ September 7 2011, 10:10 AM BST

Not to mention charming.

I'm sorry but I'm not genetically predisposed to be charming as your sarcasm would suggest I should be. Coming from a guy with a profile pic like yours the insinuation is understandable however.

I am predisposed however to have attitude, especially when it comes to tired and age old arguments like this one. Categorically, 'women are not funny'. Really I thought we had progressed somewhat as a race regarding insights into false and stereotypical statements such as these. Boring to say the least. If we are to be so outrageously categorical to suggest that 'women are not funny' why not argue 'all men are funny'. Which they are not.

You should be happy it's being questioned. There was a time when it wasn't even considered. So it's not really an age old argument, but a genuinely important social question needed to be asked for the sake of woman kind. Have we reached true equality yet? Do women still need to fight for their rights? What affects will this have for future generations?

But no, women aren't funny.

;) This so fake, not falling for it.

Quote: Leevil @ September 8 2011, 3:24 AM BST

You should be happy it's being questioned. There was a time when it wasn't even considered. So it's not really an age old argument, but a genuinely important social question needed to be asked for the sake of woman kind. Have we reached true equality yet? Do women still need to fight for their rights? What affects will this have for future generations?

But no, women aren't funny.

It's hardly being questioned. It's being STATED. We all know that equality hasn't been reached and is a long distance off. YAWN!

:( True FOLady! Keep this up if you can stand the tedium.

Go to 'Intro' and tell us about yourself, that is the usual procedure on here Wave

Sure. I only came across this forum because I was doing some research on what makes people think women are not funny. I got pissed off so I had to join to leave a terse comment. So apologies for not knowing the 'way' of this site.

So FOlady put your funny where your mouth is, tell us a joke then.

(though it'll struggle to beat Sootyj's awsome funny/money double entre and the ironic self praise that followed that and the 4th wall breaking acknowledgement of those 2 jokes which was infact a 3rd one. Sootyj rules)

Quote: FOLady @ September 8 2011, 2:43 AM BST

I'm sorry but I'm not genetically predisposed to be charming as your sarcasm would suggest I should be. Coming from a guy with a profile pic like yours the insinuation is understandable however.

I am predisposed however to have attitude, especially when it comes to tired and age old arguments like this one. Categorically, 'women are not funny'. Really I thought we had progressed somewhat as a race regarding insights into false and stereotypical statements such as these. Boring to say the least. If we are to be so outrageously categorical to suggest that 'women are not funny' why not argue 'all men are funny'. Which they are not.

Apologies, I was merely tweaking your foibles. If you look back at the thread you'll see I'm actually very much on your side. I happen to think women are perfectly capable of being funny and regularly work with those who are.

Is FOlady a lady FOsure?

The argumentative nature seems redolent of some one else...

Quote: sootyj @ September 8 2011, 8:26 AM BST

Is FOlady a lady FOsure?

The argumentative nature seems redolent of some one else...

Don't know about that but I'm certainly keen to know what the FO stands for...

Friendly Oz Lady!

Obviously.

Welcome by the way FOlady.

:)

Quote: FOLady @ September 8 2011, 6:32 AM BST

Sure. I only came across this forum because I was doing some research on what makes people think women are not funny. I got pissed off so I had to join to leave a terse comment. So apologies for not knowing the 'way' of this site.

What's there to get pissed off about? The thread was started by trolls and really only pepetuated by them (excluding Alfred J Kipper, but the institution he's in only lets him play with the internet every now and again).

If you can bare to wade through the trolling there are some great posts on the subject- 95% of which are in outright support of women in comedy.

This is not a thread for anger, but one for love! (Platonic).

Quote: FOLady @ September 8 2011, 2:43 AM BST

Really I thought we had progressed somewhat as a race regarding insights into false and stereotypical statements such as these. Boring to say the least.

Yes, if you'd taken a moment to look through some of the posts in this thread, you'd have found that the overwhelming majority of people believe women are just as capable of being funny - and unfunny - as men. It doesn't help any argument to wade in with that kind of aggression.