Louie Page 3

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ July 4 2011, 5:51 PM BST

Yeah, cos clicking a button is soooooooooooo, like boring.

Get bent.

Is that the short lived Get Smart spin off?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 4 2011, 7:04 PM BST

Is that the short lived Get Smart spin off?

Just more Americanisms it seems.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/louis-ck,58516/

Is anyone bothering to watch the 2nd season?

So far it's been pretty poor and uninspired.

I'm watching it, so far it's been brilliant.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 28 2011, 10:18 PM BST

I'm watching it, so far it's been brilliant.

What have you enjoyed?

I quite like the 1st episode but the rest were just very nondescript. The last episode with his Aunt was just boring. The whole nigger thing is something he's done a thousand times too.

So far have loved the first episode, with the pregnant sister.

Episode 2, with the tramp getting his head knocked off in part one, and the weird sex hook up with the woman with Daddy issues in part two, made me laugh loads.

I also really dug the Joan Rivers one. Haven't seen this weeks yet.

Oh, I actaully like the 2nd one too.

The Joan Rivers one I thought was poor but it raised a few smiles. The most recent one was so bad I almost turned it off.

I hope it's just a blip.

Loved the Dane Cook confrontation in the latest episode.

Third season confirmed:

http://www.laughspin.com/2011/08/06/louie-renewed-for-third-season/

I've been enjoying S2. The Joan Rivers episode was great... the "how many blow jobs" bit had me rolling. Given that neither Louie nor Joan are "actors" they managed to carry that episode which was 90% just the two of them.

My favourite bit so far was the Subway from last week, just that whole surreal intro sums up half my train/subway trips to NYC more succinctly than anything I've ever seen.

As to the Aunt episode, which is probably the worst of the current lot, it was still good TV. Old people being casually racists is one of those things that can't be over-done. It's the kinda thing that is "brave" TV for America... you'd never see that on a proper network comedy.

The series has picked up from the lull. Some great episodes i.e The Dane Cook meeting and the episode where Louie can't stop jacking off.

I'm impressed with the inclusion of drama again in this series, some heavy hitting stuff at times.

Just caught up on the last two episodes. The double length show where he goes on the USO tour is some of the best comedy I've seen in a long time.

Little sad the series is over now... without spoiling too much... the last scene of Louie walking away totally had me laughing after the soul sucking scene that proceeded it.