Things that piss you off Page 856

Quote: sootyj @ February 3 2012, 3:11 PM GMT

Masturbation surely?

Is that the title for the sequel to "Love Actually"?

Quote: sootyj @ February 6 2012, 9:44 AM GMT

Is that the title for the sequel to "Love Actually"?

Laughing out loud

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 6 2012, 9:14 AM GMT

He's always seemed pretty likeable to me

You like everything. Besides, my postman is pretty likeable and he hasn't been foistered onto my telly box / multiplex.

I think Seth Rogen is a fraud living on borrowed time.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 6 2012, 12:33 PM GMT

*I think Seth Rogen is a fraud living on borrowed time.

He has been acting for over ten years, and has written for TV and film, so he's a pretty good fraud.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 6 2012, 12:49 PM GMT

He has been acting for over ten years

Not really, he just gets work from the same group of people who happen to be dominating the film comedy scene in Hollywood. That's why there hasn't been any good comedy movies in the last...let me see...ten years.

He's just a major symptom from a bigger illness.

I rather liked him in Step Brothers and also in Funny People.

I think he's more a decent comedic actor in terrible films.

Quote: sootyj @ February 6 2012, 12:53 PM GMT

I rather liked him in Step Brothers and also in Funny People.

I think he's more a decent comedic actor in terrible films.

Haven't seen Step Brothers but (un)Funny People was dreadful - especially the stand up comedy bits - really dire.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 6 2012, 12:51 PM GMT

Not really, he just gets work from the same group of people who happen to be dominating the film comedy scene in Hollywood.

So, he has been acting for over ten years!

He's worked for other's outside of The Apatow stable too; such as Kevin Smith, and Simon Pegg. And 'Superbad', which he wrote, was definitely a funny film.

I'm sure his laugh and style can be grating to some.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 6 2012, 12:51 PM GMT

Not really, he just gets work from the same group of people who happen to be dominating the film comedy scene in Hollywood. That's why there hasn't been any good comedy movies in the last...let me see...ten years.

He's just a major symptom from a bigger illness.

Hasn't just about everything Rogen been involved in been box office gold? You can't blame the film-makers for knowing their audience.

For what it is worth I thought Superbad, 40 Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up were all more amusing than I have come to expect from the Hollywood sausage machine.

Quote: Timbo @ February 6 2012, 1:00 PM GMT

40 Year Old Virgin

Oh yeah, another funny one;though he's not the lead.

Quote: Timbo @ February 6 2012, 1:00 PM GMT

For what it is worth I thought Superbad, 40 Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up were all more amusing than I have come to expect from the Hollywood sausage machine.

Superbad was incredibly overrated and not that funny, couldn't sit through more then 3 minutes of Knocked Up but 40 Year Old Virgin, starring genuinely funny actor Steve Carrell was pretty good.

But compare these three examples to something genuinely brilliant like Dodgeball and they really come off as the same three dick jokes. It's a shame, because Jewish American humour used to be fantastic.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 6 2012, 1:05 PM GMT

Superbad was incredibly overrated and not that funny, couldn't sit through more then 3 minutes of Knocked Up but 40 Year Old Virgin, starring genuinely funny actor Steve Carrell was pretty good.

But compare these three examples to something genuinely brilliant like Dodgeball and they really come off as the same three dick jokes. It's a shame, because Jewish American humour used to be fantastic.

Dodgeball? It was okay, Superbad and 40 Year Old Virgin were better.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 6 2012, 1:06 PM GMT

Dodgeball? It was okay, Superbad and 40 Year Old Virgin were better.

What?!!! Dodgeball and Zoolander poop all over Superbad and 40 Year Old Virgin. You know nothing Stott, nothing!!!!

Aaargh!!!!!!!!!!! Pirate Pirate Pirate

And Blades of Glory, that was good too.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 6 2012, 1:08 PM GMT

What?!!! Dodgeball and Zoolander poop all over Superbad and 40 Year Old Virgin. You know nothing Stott, nothing!!!!

Aaargh!!!!!!!!!!! Pirate Pirate Pirate

Zoolander was great, also much better than Dodgeball.

Superbad and Kncoked Up were just ghastly.

Kinda like some awful mutant version of a John Hughes film. Where the writer just went, man the thing missing from 16 Candles was nudity, swearing and fart gags.

Eurgh they were the Pukka pies of movies.

I rather like Funny People, ok it's not laugh out loud funny but it's good. I really like the character of his exthe shit actress.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 6 2012, 1:09 PM GMT

Zoolander was great, also much better than Dodgeball.

Okay Stott, we'll agree that I am right to disagree.

Seth Rogen still sucks though.

Quote: sootyj @ February 6 2012, 1:14 PM GMT

I rather like Funny People, ok it's not laugh out loud funny but it's good. I really like the character of his exthe shit actress.

I think I went into Funny People with a biased view - Adam Sandler who I used to think was a comedy legend has become everything I hate about Hollywood comedy - and I already had a downer on Seth - so it was never going to win me over.

The plot about a dying stand up comic was very good though, felt like they missed a beat or two on this one.