Things that piss you off Page 847

Reds what decision? maybe someone elses insight could help? Let me know.

Bastards at 08443585862!!! We've just had to unplug every bloody phone in the house! It rang, Mr. K answered it, voice said there was a message, press button ... he did - gibberish. So he put the phone down. It rang again. If we ignore it, it stops and restarts 30 seconds later. I was about to try taking it off the hook one of the times it stopped, but when I picked it up, the voice was droning on, even though it had appeared to have rung off. It was totally tying up our phone (tried to ring it from mobile and got engaged tone). When I Google it, there seems to be some tie-in with debt collection, but we have NO debts and it wasn't a human voice anyway. Does anybody know about this? you're always worried somehow you'll be scammed out of money by paying for the call.

Quote: dellas @ January 31 2012, 12:12 PM GMT

Reds what decision? maybe someone elses insight could help? Let me know.

Thanks but it's one of those decision that has lots of what ifs.
Have to choose between staying in my current job or moving on. Good and bad things about both. I'd get a bit lees pay in the new job but would have set days as oppossed to my current one. The new job could lead to better things later but might not.

Kind of damed if I do, damed if don't.

Quote: reds @ January 31 2012, 12:45 PM GMT

Easy decision. Choose the job that you would enjoy doing the most. The more fun it is, the less like work it will seem.

Problem solved!

Quote: reds @ January 31 2012, 12:45 PM GMT

Thanks but it's one of those decision that has lots of what ifs.
Have to choose between staying in my current job or moving on. Good and bad things about both. I'd get a bit lees pay in the new job but would have set days as oppossed to my current one. The new job could lead to better things later but might not.

Did you search for and apply for the new job? Because if you did, indicates you want out of your current job more than you want the few extra quid. And if you don't like new job or it doesn't seem to be leading anywhere, you know you're quite capable of getting another new job!

Flip a coin, heads you stay at the old job, tails you leave. If you're happy with the outcome, fine; if you're not, then just do the opposite.

And keep looking for a better job.

Quote: Nogget @ January 31 2012, 1:17 PM GMT

Flip a coin,

Yes, because in the time it takes to land you will know what answer you are hoping for.

Quote: Timbo @ January 31 2012, 1:20 PM GMT

Yes, because in the time it takes to land you will know what answer you are hoping for.

Timbo is wise.

Quote: Rob H @ January 31 2012, 1:23 PM GMT

Timbo is wise.

and good-looking; don't forget good-looking.

Quote: Timbo @ January 31 2012, 1:35 PM GMT

Timbo is deluded.

Quote: Rob H @ January 31 2012, 1:52 PM GMT

Timbo is deluded.

Quote: Timbo @ January 31 2012, 1:56 PM GMT

But can be a persistent little scamp, the little hugmuffin.

;) Hey I started this!stop getting my lime light.

Travel costs, missing collegues matter, please let us know.

Quote: keewik @ January 31 2012, 12:23 PM GMT

Bastards at 08443585862!!! We've just had to unplug every bloody phone in the house! It rang, Mr. K answered it, voice said there was a message, press button ... he did - gibberish. ... Does anybody know about this? you're always worried somehow you'll be scammed out of money by paying for the call.

You shouldn't press any buttons or say anything, just hang up. I've read that some of these calls transfer the connection to a super-expensive foreign destination and then you're billed a large amount of money by the phone company. Might want to call them (or maybe check your bill online?) to see if you have an expensive call on your account.

Quote: Lee @ January 31 2012, 11:58 AM GMT

Is there no hidden menu to unlock regional DVDs on a PS3? Plus, I thoughts the PS3 was region free?

Not got the first clue. PS3s are region free for games buy not for DVDs or Blu-Ray. Even so I'd prefer the UK DVDs. The stock photo used was of the UK version so I'm really hacked off.