Things that piss you off Page 848

Quote: DaButt @ January 31 2012, 2:48 PM GMT

You shouldn't press any buttons or say anything, just hang up. I've read that some of these calls transfer the connection to a super-expensive foreign destination and then you're billed a large amount of money by the phone company. Might want to call them (or maybe check your bill online?) to see if you have an expensive call on your account.

Aarrgghh!! Don't think either of us spoke when we answered (we're used to those annoying voice-activated things) but Mr. Did press a button the first time, then hung up almost immediately.

We plugged phones back in an hour ago and it started again - rings 10 times, stops, then begins all over again every 10 - 30 seconds. Now on it's 9th time of ringing and is driving me mad. Will have to unplug again which means we'll miss valid calls.

When you're ill and then get better, and then get ill a week later. :(

Quote: keewik @ January 31 2012, 4:23 PM GMT

We plugged phones back in an hour ago and it started again - rings 10 times, stops, then begins all over again every 10 - 30 seconds. Now on it's 9th time of ringing and is driving me mad. Will have to unplug again which means we'll miss valid calls.

Argh, that's horrible. Can you use a different phone to get through to BT/provider and ask them to block somehow?

Quote: EllieJP @ January 31 2012, 4:25 PM GMT

Morning sickness. :(

Yeah, it's yours.

Quote: EllieJP @ January 31 2012, 4:25 PM GMT

*HUG* Get better soon hon. :(

Quote: EllieJP @ January 31 2012, 4:54 PM GMT

Yeah, it's yours.

*leaves country*

Quote: Elliott Gill @ January 31 2012, 4:56 PM GMT

*HUG* Get better soon hon. :(

Thank you! :)

Quote: chipolata @ January 31 2012, 5:05 PM GMT

*leaves country*

Thank you! :)

:( It doesn't bloody clear up= ever, my chap is suffering from 'man flu' but he has had it for 6 weeks, so do tend to think he isn't putting it on.

AIDS research 7 billion dollars, Manflu zero dollars

this is not justice!

AIDS research 7 billion dollars, Manflu zero dollars

this is not justice!

Quote: AJGO @ January 31 2012, 4:41 PM GMT

Argh, that's horrible. Can you use a different phone to get through to BT/provider and ask them to block somehow?

We have another phone and Mr. K contacted an engineer - meanwhile this damn thing ringing in the background. It keeps saying something about an SMS message so the engineer advised, since we never use that service, we should have it disconnected. Finally got a long enough pause to contact the number he gave (had to be done on the actual phone) but the option didn't seem to exist. I took another long enough pause to take the phone off the hook so all is silent at the moment, except if anybody tries to phone us they won't get through. I really feel our phone is being taken over by aliens - or ghosts! Huh?

Some people have a very funny idea about what constitutes London. I was already pissed off by having to traipse through various listings but the one in Glasgow is just taking the mick

One of the belt loops on my jeans has broken. I feel like life is laughing at me

A present...