Things that piss you off Page 1,621

Just back from seeing an awful show and wondering why I bothered. That's three hours of my life and several quid I won't get back again. It did give me and my sister the giggles several times which would be good if it was a comedy but it wasn't. :O

Quote: Loopey @ 6th September 2015, 10:56 PM BST

Just back from seeing an awful show and wondering why I bothered. That's three hours of my life and several quid I won't get back again. It did give me and my sister the giggles several times which would be good if it was a comedy but it wasn't. :O

Go on. Tell us what it was.

Yes, we need to know - NOW!

Come on woman!

The suspense is killing us.... Errr

I know. Somebody on here wrote and performed it and she doesn't want to hurt their feelings.

Quote: dellas @ 6th September 2015, 6:34 AM BST

Bloody B pissing T, taking auto £5 subscription for bloody sport?... after enquiries (halfhour)... yes we automatic subscribed you, as we didnt want you to miss your favourite sports???.... explained I don't want said sport'... ok we will refund you on next bill,... out fookin ragious!!! Angry

Disgusting!

Reminded me of my Dad's situation. Talktalk phoned him offering a mobile deal (only £7.50 per month) he declined as he is happy with his current deal. However they insisted as it was such a good deal (!?) My Dad hung up and never thought anything of it again. A week later they sent him a sim card, he just put it to one side. The next week got charged £12.99 for it!

Is this even legal?!

Quote: Lee @ 7th September 2015, 7:49 AM BST

Disgusting!

Reminded me of my Dad's situation. Talktalk phoned him offering a mobile deal (only £7.50 per month) he declined as he is happy with his current deal. However they insisted as it was such a good deal (!?) My Dad hung up and never thought anything of it again. A week later they sent him a sim card, he just put it to one side. The next week got charged £12.99 for it!

Is this even legal?!

It's shady at best.

You have to watch out for dodgy phone sales - by phone. A lot pretend to be calling you from your phone provider with a 'too quick to hear' introduction.
All you hear properly is the company name IE vodaphone, orange etc where they actually say something like 'we work in association with [phone provider]
And it means nothing, they are not your phone provider.

A friend of mine fell foul of this: They told him he was due an upgrade and he told them he wasn't interested but a few days later he had a phone delivered. He didn't even open the box but then a bill came for the phone.

The company that sent it was from Fleetwood lancashire. He called them and said he didn't want it and they asked him to send it back. He refused and then received letters threatening court and bailiffs. (plus now extra incurred costs)
That was 2 years ago and the phone is still in the box on a shelf in his office.

I don't know if this is done to personal phone's or just business ones as I have had the same tricksters try it with me. I always ask them if they are my actual provider - and they soon buckle.
And... if you want to upgrade - call them. Don't let them call you.

Quote: Will Cam @ 6th September 2015, 11:55 PM BST

Come on woman!

The suspense is killing us.... Errr

Back to Broadway. Back to acting, singing, directing and dancing school would have been more appropriate.

And bloody BT unwanted hot spots hijacing your phone and stopping you getting emails.

Why are they the most awful, corporation, I bet it's because they think Corbyns coming to power and will return their monopoly.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 7th September 2015, 9:13 AM BST

It's shady at best.

You have to watch out for dodgy phone sales - by phone. A lot pretend to be calling you from your phone provider with a 'too quick to hear' introduction.

This was talktalk as they had used his existing direct debit to charge him.

I'd have not just started a new 18 month contract on principle if I have have known earlier! :(

Quote: sootyj @ 7th September 2015, 10:16 AM BST

And bloody BT unwanted hot spots hijacing your phone and stopping you getting emails.

Why are they the most awful, corporation, I bet it's because they think Corbyns coming to power and will return their monopoly.

I could make some very good points here, but I'm not allowed to do so. If I did, I'd get locked in a Whitehall dungeon with the rats and fed bread and water.

Wheelchair repair services and their ability to understand what the problem is. After several calls, selecting options, waiting for ages then being cut off, they might be coming to fix some kind of wheelchair with some sort of problem about next Tuesday. They couldn't even get my name right.

Anyone want to bet on whether they will have the right tools and parts?

I think if someone could make me a wooden wheelchair with square wheels I would be better off.

My girlfriend uses a powered wheelchair. One of the cables broke on it. The call out charge was £90 along with £90 for a cable!! Robbing bastards!

Come to think it I think it cost even more than that!

Quote: Lee @ 7th September 2015, 5:04 PM BST

My girlfriend uses aa powered wheelchair. One of the cables broke on it. The call out charge was £90 along with £90 for a cable!! Robbing bastards!

:O Disgusting! I don't have to pay because mine is NHS, but therein lies the problem it seems. The NHS is broken as well as the wheelchair.
I have a power chair and a manual so I do have an alternative but only if I can get someone to push me.

Quote: Loopey @ 7th September 2015, 5:07 PM BST

:O Disgusting! I don't have to pay because mine is NHS, but therein lies the problem it seems. The NHS is broken as well as the wheelchair.
I have a power chair and a manual so I do have an alternative but only if I can get someone to push me.

My wife has the same set up and as far as we are concerned we get excellent service from them - there's even a chap coming to service her bed!

Mind you I think the "service" on the electric wheelchair is mainly to make sure we are not using it outside.